Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well I bought Sayonara UmiharaKawase because I've always been curious about it and $20 is a reasonable risk for a game that might get pulled. So if it goes on sale for really cheap next weak instead of being pulled, you have me to thank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think any game has been disappeared so badly that you can't still download it if you bought it, even if it gets de-listed. The closest is the P.T. demo I guess.

XBox 360 Double Dragon went away forever when Empire went out of business (along with anything else they published)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 are also gone from the PSN and xbl I think. Basically you can only get super old disc copies of the first for 360 since it never came out for ps3.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rabidsquid posted:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 are also gone from the PSN and xbl I think. Basically you can only get super old disc copies of the first for 360 since it never came out for ps3.

The DLCs are still gone, but Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 are on the XBLA again.

Sadly they are like 40 each, so wait for a sale.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Marvel-Ult-Alliance-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024156082f

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Well that's good at least. I really hope they can or care to put the dlc back in. Marvel Vs Capcm 3 also got taken off around the same time so there are two on disc doc charecters people. Ant get now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm trying to use the 20% off code that came with my ps4 to buy gta v and everybody's gone to the rapture on the iOS app and it's telling me that the code is not valid on this platform. Does it mean the iOS app or the ps4 or what?

Any ideas?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Any chance of a flash sale today? Cant remember if they did one before.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm trying to use the 20% off code that came with my ps4 to buy gta v and everybody's gone to the rapture on the iOS app and it's telling me that the code is not valid on this platform. Does it mean the iOS app or the ps4 or what?

Any ideas?

try it on the web browser.
check the expiry date on the 20% off code.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

Any chance of a flash sale today? Cant remember if they did one before.

They did one last weekend so probably not. I mean it's a possibility but just doesn't seem likely.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Any ideas?

You have to use it on the PS4 store. I tried doing it on the web store too and it gave me the same error until I went on the actual PS4.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It expires in February, I'll try it on something that's not the iOS app

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Policenaut posted:

You have to use it on the PS4 store. I tried doing it on the web store too and it gave me the same error until I went on the actual PS4.

Yeah, same here. This unfortunately means you can only use it on things which are accessible from the PS4 store.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Come on store, quit throwing errors and take my money.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

axleblaze posted:

Well I bought Sayonara UmiharaKawase because I've always been curious about it and $20 is a reasonable risk for a game that might get pulled. So if it goes on sale for really cheap next weak instead of being pulled, you have me to thank.

Just did the same. I always thought, "I'll get it at some point." Fun little game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just got a Christmas PS4. Already got Bloodborne, Uncharted, and I'm downloading Journey right now. Anyone got any other recommendations for stuff I can't just get on Steam?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Xbone got a deep sale on Alien Isolation with DLC so I'm crossing fingers that it might come our way someday.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Just got a Christmas PS4. Already got Bloodborne, Uncharted, and I'm downloading Journey right now. Anyone got any other recommendations for stuff I can't just get on Steam?

Those are the important ones. Have you played The last of us already?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Spiritus Nox posted:

Tearaway is really good imo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

Those are the important ones. Have you played The last of us already?

Yeah - although I had played Uncharted already and the remasters have still really impressed me so far. Is TLOU HD as good?

Also, any suggestions for multiplat stuff that might just be a better fit on PS4? I might pick up Batman.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah - although I had played Uncharted already and the remasters have still really impressed me so far. Is TLOU HD as good?

Also, any suggestions for multiplat stuff that might just be a better fit on PS4? I might pick up Batman.

I find that most 3rd person action games feel better on console, so yeah stuff like batman or assassin's creed, although I'm pretty sick of AC at this point personally. Plus both of those series have notorious issues on PC.

TLOU HD is pretty sweet yeah.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Spiritus Nox posted:

resogun

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

XBox 360 Double Dragon went away forever when Empire went out of business (along with anything else they published)

Afro Samurai 2 was so bad that the publishers pulled it from the service and gave everyone who bought it a refund. They also delisted it so you can't download it again.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

resogun season pass
EDF4.1

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

the last of us is the best game they've made imo, and definitely among the best you can get on a ps4

batman is probably a better fit on console if they haven't unfucked the pc version yet. no clue what it's like there nowadays

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Any ideas?

Did it on the ps4 and it worked, also made a last second call to get journey rather than everybody's gone to the rapture :ohdear:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

no clue what it's like there nowadays

they said they can't fix it

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Until Dawn if you like either the Interactive story/David Cage style games or like Horror movies where a bunch of stereotype teenagers get murdered.

Although maybe just rent/buy on sale, everyone says the illusion of choice kinda breaks on a second playthrough.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Did it on the ps4 and it worked, also made a last second call to get journey rather than everybody's gone to the rapture :ohdear:

good choice

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
How's Ziggurat? Is it better than Tower of Guns, that other roguelike FPS?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
nothing can be worse than tower of guns so yes

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

CowboyAndy posted:

How's Ziggurat? Is it better than Tower of Guns, that other roguelike FPS?

I like Ziggurat. It's tough and you can get a handgun that shoots magma balls.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Casnorf posted:

I like Ziggurat. It's tough and you can get a handgun that shoots magma balls.

Sweet. I've been playing Wolfenstein The Old Blood and am looking for some more old-school FPSes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CowboyAndy posted:

Sweet. I've been playing Wolfenstein The Old Blood and am looking for some more old-school FPSes.

It's basically Quake as a rogue like with a Hexen coat of paint. It's pretty dope.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay I think I have to get Ziggurat now. How's the framerate/controls and all that. Smooth enough?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I never had any problems but I also tend not to notice frame rate problems unless they're pretty severe.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh no, the thread is outdated.

New thread coming by the end of the weekend. It will probably be as casual as this one is now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PlayStation Store 2016: PS+ Bringing Back Steam circa 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PS Store 2016: don't gripe about the bad free games and don't ask when the store updates or if the network is down

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
All this Ziggurat talk is making me want Ziggurat. I watched a video review which references screen tearing. That's a dealbreaker but maybe it's since been addressed in a patch? Has Ziggurat had any substantial/good patches since launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

PlayStation Store 2016: Holding out for a free copy of Knack

• Locked thread