Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

AC/DC is a kickass headliner, what the hell

Yeah, but its only like half of the band. A guitarist & the drummer aren't touring for reasons idr.

Also, pretty big let down on this lineup. Drake? Really?

Since I'm coming from the east coast, I'm looking at spending around $900 total for basically Jack White & Ratatat. I think I'm going to try and sell my ticket or trade it for: http://lineup.governorsballmusicfestival.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

To each their own, I mean AC/DC is still a huge act so I'm sure the fill ins will be just fine and they'll rock out regardless.

But yeah, I'm still kinda bummed because this is my first time going to cali for whats supposed to be the biggest & best music festival in the world and the lineup isn't as good as years past when I haven't been.

Still don't like Drake though. And I've tried. And I'm open to song suggestions, maybe something will happen. But poo poo I can easily name 10 other rap/hiphop acts better headliners than him. I think most of it is just that he doesn't tour anymore so his value is higher.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

I'm sure I will, just havin' a rant is all. Besides, I'm going with a group of 10 or so good friends so there's no way it'll be a bad time

This might be my first time staying in a hotel though for a music festival since we can't take the tents on the plane. Are they decently close? Because I also have an option to camp with one of my friends that's renting a car.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Nah, one of my buddy's has family in cali so he's renting a car and borrowing his brother's tent. So we've got 5 people camping & 5 in a hotel. I haven't decided yet since they're both about the same in price after the split so I'm weighing in which one is closer or at least making sure the hotels aren't stupidly far away

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

supersteve posted:

How thorough are the car camping searches?

I'm sure it's pretty low. Don't have it clearly visible.

I think you're okay'd to bring in 1 case of beer but not liquor. Also, I assume the searches are only first day? So far our plan has been to keep all the booze at the hotel room during car check in and then later roll over with the goods.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Fair enough.

I've always been a fan of the clear liquor + food coloring in a large Listerine bottle. This becomes suspicious if you have like 4 bottles of Listerine though, so I'd suggest just having 1 of high proof stuff and pack it with other toiletries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Just got here for weekend two, def gonna plan my schedule around some of these week 1 reviews

• Locked thread