Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
We were a group that decided to get there early, mostly because we didn't care about the headliners. Our method was to basically try to find bands with horn sections, which really did work out well for us. My favorite no name act was Nortec Collective... and it appears that we're not the only ones, because their time slot has changed. It was so much goddamn fun - essentially dance music with mariachis and weird/creepy masks for the DJ's. St. Paul and the Broken Bones and Alabama Shakes need to tour together. Soulful as poo poo with so much energy. As others have said, Kasabian rocked it and Gesaffelstein was a great show, even with me not knowing anything about dance music. Dude just kept mixing until they literally had to turn the sound off on him. I appreciate that. Jack White was a drat good headliner - very talented and played a lot of different genres - including a fair amount of folk which I wasn't expecting. Also, I had never experienced a 30+ minute encore before. I listened to a few songs with AC/DC and they sound good, but nothing special. And... gently caress Drake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
ok Nortec Collective set time did not change. Go see them anyway

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Yeah, I neglected to mention that I spent some time in the medical tent with a corneal abrasion! Did catch the tail end of Charles Bradley and my buddies were raving about him

• Locked thread