Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
head58
Apr 1, 2013

The housing portal opens Sunday Jan 25 at noon eastern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Double Agent posted:

For everyone who is going to brave the hotel reg tomorrow (:suicide:), but may be unsure how it's going to work here's a video for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiU_WE_6UPQ

Here's a video of how it's really going to work for us all:
http://youtu.be/2YY0xw5r1ro

head58
Apr 1, 2013

The GenCon Twitter account posted last night looking for convention and visitors bureaus who want to be part of their RFP process. I don't know if that's customary 5 years out from the end of a contract but it certainly seems to me they're exploring their options.

clockworkjoe posted:

Ugh. I've already seen one gamer on Facebook who was disappointed by Gen Con for not immediately pulling out of Indy.

Yeah I've had someone call me a coward for not canceling my trip. I'm sure the moral high ground would make up for the couple hundred dollars I'd be out if I bailed at this point, and that my refusal to go would make the governor immediately change his stance.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

One of the guys I'm going to GenCon with is having a birthday while we're there. Any recommendations of something in the area to do? We'll have a car so getting away from the immediate area around the convention center won't be a problem.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Thanks folks. Steak, martinis and cigars sounds just about perfect.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Someone is running an Archer game using DC Heroes. I feel like this is specifically targeted for me.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Has anyone done any of the National Security Decision Making Games?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Len posted:

I have not but the one Saturday at 12am is a thing I have in my wish list.

Same, although it will be after the birthday dinner/drinks at St Elmo's as recommended by this thread. What better time for a Doomsday Scenario!

Although I have a Warmachine tournament at 9am on Saturday and I'm Old so this may be a Very Bad Idea.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Drunk Goons: Nuking places we can't pronounce since 2015!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Len posted:

Double posting but how does Thursday at 8pm sound for that NSDM goon event?

Thursday at 8 sounds good. I'm also putting in for the 12am Saturday one because why not.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

You can also just walk away if you start to play something and it turns terrible. I've faked an emergency phone call from my wife many times when it became clear the next 4 hours were going to be insufferable.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Also when you get there go to the Games on Demand room. They'll have a crapload of cool indie games that are, um, on demand. Here's what they're planning on offering. They won't be running all of that at every time slot but that's what they will have available.

head58 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 18, 2015

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Len posted:

Who all got into that NSDM on Thursday? And what should we do that's less awful than the "Do you have stairs?" to identify each other for maximum COLLUSION purposes?

I'll be there with 1d6+1 of my non-goon buddies.

We should raise our chalices and shout "For the Lady!"

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Deathlove posted:

https://www.gencon.com/my_packets - click through for the event listing, which will have the location.

Also if you just click on your name (might need to click twice, once opens the drop down) on the GenCon homepage you will get your events in chronological order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I just bought a rusty toolbox full of lovely terrain and double wide masking tape at the auction because it was described as a "murder hobo starter kit" and so how could I not? GenCon Auction Best Auction.

• Locked thread