Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Quarex posted:

My first year attending (1997) I think we slept about 4 hours a night on average, and one of my friends not only passed out in the middle of a Villains & Vigilantes game, but passed out while holding his dice (in his hand above the table) and waiting for his turn in combat. That is dedication to the craft. And I know he is reading this and will probably chime in to apologize ala Ronnie from Whomp for ruining our game 18 years ago.

YOU SON OF A BITCH I FELL ASLEEP AT THAT TABLE IN CONFIDENCE

Gen-Con is awesome and the auction is awesome and everyone should go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

SirFozzie posted:

GenCon released a letter today threatening to not renew its contract with Indianapolis when it expires in 2020 because of an about to be signed bill on the Governor's desk that would legalize religious discrimination against LGBT people:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-bill/70393474/

Further proof that GenCon is the best.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

I hate that the first thing I thought of was, "hmm, it doesn't look like Luigi is actually that much taller than Mario."

Edit: referencing this

Quarex posted:

whymikepencedidit.jpg

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Quarex posted:

Haha. We have a friend, who is free to identify himself here if he likes, who got to ride our celestial coattails and sleep on the floor and pay a nominal sum because he was as broke as broke could be but we still loved him. He gained the nom de guerre "Scrap Boy" for also being perfectly content to eat whatever leftovers other people did not want to finish.

I WAS THIS FRIEND.

I meant to post about this when hobo-chat was going on, but yeah, one of my most memorable Gen-con visits was when I barely had the money to justify going to the convention itself, with nearly nothing to spend on food. I still had an awesome time.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Quarex posted:

You can be again. "Hey guys, I ... ate all my money. Can I sleep on your floor?

Let's be real, though, I already sleep on the floor.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

My dark secret last year is that every day I went back to the hotel room for a mid-day nap before wandering back over to do stuff. There is no right or wrong way to enjoy Gencon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

I caught a cold at the con itself and then, after I got over it on Wednesday, caught another one this Thursday. Who knows if it's residual con cooties or just work stress, though.

• Locked thread