Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
My fiancee and I are debating attending again this year, but August 8th is our wedding, so I think we may have to skip it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

rex monday posted:

So, first time registering for GenCon. I got a hotel room booked a couple months ago. But this event registration thing is bonkers. I'm totally clueless. I don't even know what I want to register for. If I miss out on this, will I be poo poo out of luck during the con? Wandering around looking at people having fun?

Also, there's no games events that aren't Pathfinder (blegh). How likely will I be to find someone running cool indie poo poo like Apocalypse World or something?

I wouldn't worry about it, a lot of smaller events and workshops sell out quickly because the demand is high (I got one out of three mini painting classes) but most of the large events usually have a few free seats and people drop out of full events all the time. I barely booked anything last year and just showed up to events with generic tickets and managed to weasel my way in.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So my wife and I were able to visit this year, and had a great time! We're both huge nerds so we knew we would, but we were able to see a lot of nerdy friends and fellow goon Trundel. Our art friend/D&D player had an artist booth this year, and brought my favourite picture of hers, the flower orc.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Haystack posted:

What did people think of the art show this year? This was the first year they did juried art show acceptance, and I'm wondering what people thought of the outcome.

My friend who entered won an award of some type so I think sh's quite happy with the outcome.

• Locked thread