Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Burns: Excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Kill la Kill, obvs.

Yeah lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bet Hentai forums have really good memes....sounds like I should have been posting on fakku.com

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice, some poster who's been posting 25 times a day for nearly a decade without a single probation is probably cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That person posted child rape fanfic under the defense that "I didn't read past the first sentence", so they're the perfect fit for ADTRW

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't believe these trolls are running wild on the SomethingAwful offsite anime IRC. Is nothing loving sacred to you nu-GBS fucksocks?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PotU posted:

Please enforce a grammar/punctuation/capitalization rule, new mod.

I can live with this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Davincie posted:

i found a picture o f the new mod, laying on the ground after a long day of modding

Lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Imagine our hero facing an opponent who opens with B4... the arcs basically write themselves

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Imagine Chihayafuru but chess.....holy poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Akagi is actually pretty good because the game itself is fairly simple and Akagi gets placed in more and more complex situations with his opponents trying to exploit Akagi's "weaknesses" which are basically just opportunities for them to teach you more advanced mahjong game theory and have Akagi improve his game or whatever. Like 10 chapters in you can look at their set of tiles and basically go "Oh that hand is good, that hand is bad" and have a general idea about what they'll need to draw to win. The scoring itself is crazy so knowing like "woah that hand is a lot of points!!!" doesn't come naturally but they sort of teach you as you go with the "Akagi needs a huge hand to win here!" moments. Plus the scoring is similar to poker hands where it's going to be determined by a particular hands probability so basically the harder a hand would be to assemble the more points it is.

I wouldn't mind if that PM was forwarded off so I could learn some poo poo about mahjong and read some drat good mahjong manga.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The original PM has some links to outside resources and stuff about playing online that I took out. If you want that stuff just shoot me a message and I'll forward everything to you

Thank you. I'm busy tomorrow watching Nymphomaniac but after that I'll probably read some Akagi

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Outer Science posted:

just post in the akagi thread and i'll answer any mahjong questions you have :cool:

drat you even have a mahjong av...that's badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everything I know about mahjong comes from Hong Kong movies with chatty housewives who gossip over games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I posted threads and got probated all the time for them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just though of something....does this mean Zorak is no longer the mod of PHIZ?????????????

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also in the previous ADTRW climate you would get in trouble for thinking the incredible hooters of Faye Valentine and the sweet rear end of Revy, or hell, even the supple curves of Cutie Honey and Fujiko were good, but if you clearly wanted to gently caress a young child but you never explicitly said "drat, that young child is making me horny as hell" in the Little Sisters Sinful Adolescence Season 2 Thread and instead talked about the gorgeous character design and brilliant political subtext when little sister has sex with the huge Russian man, that was okay.

Yeah. It was the most bizarre discussions ive ever seen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll never understand why Kill la Kill became the flashpoint for this forum, when so many more reprehensible shows were tolerated or loved because the characters looked more like children or something. Its hosed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Because a lot of people liked Hiroyuki Imaishi so there was more focus on that poo poo than other dumb poo poo in ADTRW which was mostly relegated and away from everyone else's attention. It also helps that KLK had like a 200 page thread so it was pretty much impossible to ignore that thread at points given it was the most active a thread in ADTRW was for a while.

Good. Kill la Kill loving owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Little Witch Academia is actually the good Trigger anime people wanted, but no one watched that.

I watched it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Kill la Kill had some good points but it was incredibly win for people to think it would be a breakthrough of strong female representation on anime (well it is sort of) and then when it came out it had a shitload of T&A and people were doing huge leaps to defend it with arguments other than "it makes me horney".

All the women in KlK are very strong and could kick my rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I guess I only remember the first half. Like every Imaishi show it lasts twice as long as it should have

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

While we're airing general thoughts: I don't get the appeal of K-On at all, and I've watched both seasons + the movie twice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

K-On is like if Lucky Star was on Nick Jr.

Brutal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Now that the mods are away we can all get down to business and start making fun of all the K-On fucktards.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i didn't really like k-on very much but it was a better experience than lucky star, which was the most boring piece of poo poo i have ever seen and i closed the viewer during the cornetto scene

So you watched it for 4 minutes. drat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daily Lives of High School Boys was pretty bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat. I wonder whats going to happen to the ADTRWiki now that Zorak is gone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

did anybody use the adrtwiki

unless im reading this wrong it looks like poeple have been registering nonstop for the ADTRWiki for weeks now http://www.adtrwiki.com/index.php?title=Special:Log&type=newusers&month=&year=

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are those all spambots

idk but theres a ton of good name changes in there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theres literally been 1000+ user registrations for the ADTRWiki in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've seen Beef Waifu posts about Final Fantasy that seem pretty good, so I can live with this

• Locked thread