Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im glad hes gone
nice "aol speak" probation you dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vengarr posted:

ADTRW has been boring, bland, self-hating over-moderated poo poo for the longest time. It's like Old GBS: boring rote threads for whatever is currently on the television, no humor, lots of complaining about other people's opinions like an even shittier Debate and Discussion but for children's cartoons.

Vote Vengarr for Moderator, I will allow ADTRW to grow like a forum bonsai tree: by carefully lopping off the shittiest posters while allowing the nubs to blossom into beautiful branches. I believe that a little shitposting is necessary to fertilize the great tree of discussion, so that we may enjoy the fruits of anime as free men. Thank you and god bless

li hope you get probated or banneds for this post

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

for real though if someone's obviously poo poo posting/derailing the conversation that's one thing but I think there's room for both 'Personally, I believe Madoka's ribbons are a metaphor for the economy. If you look in episode 3, timestamp 12:37, you can see that..." and 'my fav. anime is madoka because homura has cool hair'

i dont believe there is room for posts saying madoka is in any way a good anime and i want you to respect this

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just enjoy anime and enjoy talking about anime, you dont have to read and response to everything on a forum. real easy

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please dont split the forum and please make someone mod whos into fun and not capitalization

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is a quality post on this forum? i dont think just a bog standard regular discussion of an anime or some long rear end effort post is automatically quality. imo this forum has been dull as hell forever and the only thing people really seem to remember was some joke thread about anime tits

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bring back that konata av its really really good

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

galaxy konata ftw

just bring back konata pls

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rexides posted:

Considering how I don't think that 99% of anime don't have enough substance to write five-paragraph effortposts about, I am leaning more towards a new, GBS kind of ADTRW. I can scroll over at least 20 variations of "im gay" by the time it takes me to realise that the wall of text I have been reading is written by someone who is just an obsessed weaboo who hasn't actually watched/read anything that didn't come from Japan.

I hope the new mod is a real ikemen :swoon:

same re both

also make a thread to talk about anime that arent currently running because its stupid to have one for every single show. sometimes i just want to constantly post about how good k-on is. i, however, dont make threads

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vkeios posted:

a lot of the currently running anime shows don't even need threads tbh; like adtrw could just have "harem animes that only that one poster watches; i can't remember there name right now, but you know who i mean" thread instead of actually having a new thread for each anime filled with posts like"

"episode 1 was promising I'll give it a three episode trial"
"episode 3 was the onsen episode"
"its super amazing how everyone died in the last episode"
yeah but thats what the current season thread is for id say. just get rid of the "only up to episode 3" rule thing and when people want to make a seperate thread about a show, they can! but i think current and old should be seperated still

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namtab posted:

With zorak gone there may never be a season thread again unless someone does it.

It will not be me tho.

i bet someone will make one, those are actually a really good thing and very endorsed effort posts

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davincie posted:

im thinking about making a short anime thread. so for all the 3 minute things that otherwise barely get any posts

please do theyre great

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mecha Gojira posted:

General chat threads were prohibited for two reasons: A. they promote clique-y behavior and B. we already have an IRC channel (#gattai on irc.synIRC.net) for general bullshit chat.

Of course, we're a pretty angry and bitter clique in #gattai and our ops rule with an iron fist. Come stop by and say hi.

its 2015, dude

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lets actually just keep ignoring the existence of irc, which doesnt matter at all

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please enforce a grammar/punctuation/capitalization rule, new mod.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XyloJW posted:

This is perfectly reasonable and something we try to warn all prospective mods about, and why finding someone who will take the job can sometimes take some time.

thank you for mentioning this, i personally think being a moderator for this forum would be hell

but i guess it could be also pretty chill if you didnt take this serious at all, but lowtax makes money for this so idk

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I did it on QCS so I should be the new mod. Also the SASS boys shall never find my account on the e-hentai forums.

to: new mod

keep things as they are right now

thank "u"

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry for the quote, userTheLovablePlutonis

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please make a thread where people post their myanimelist lists, mine is unfortunately private so i shan't. however, i would feel Free to post my 10, 9 and perhaps 8 rated anime

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
squid girl and k-on are actually endorsed by the new mod

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrSunshine posted:

Aside from rampantly creepy threads about horrible shows / subjects, you were always able to post odd or funny threads.

please define this and/or state at least two examples of mentioned shows/subijects

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrSunshine posted:

Well, there were all those shows about brother/sister incest, and a thread discussing the issues or problems surrounding fanservice. I think Zorak made a wise call on those.

But hey, whatever guys! I happen to like forums like D&D and CD and BFC, and I think that posts and topics like the ones there are interesting and fun to read. Maybe I'm too uncool to post in the new, hip, ironic ADTRW. :smith:

i agree that incest stuff is bad and should be laughed out or even banned, among other really weird topics, but theres also stuff that gets judged too harshly, like just recently the kancolle thread. the show only had one episode so far, but compared to animes that get discussed quite often like the mongatari series, which i find really dang weird and also features incest, its extremely tame (i am fully aware that the ships lose more clothing the more they get damaged, which also gets shown slightly in the anime, but thats something that is and should be completely ignorable to people who are already used to anime so far as long as they dont go overboard with it, which is not an intended ship pun). it deserves a chance imo but its also okay and understandable to not have a ver high opinion of it

i actually mean this as a real post

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please DO keep discussion about poo poo like kodomo no jikan banned, though, except if its about how pedophile it is which is very

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i don't think its possible to discuss how that show is aimed for kiddy fiddlers as much as its possible to discuss the moisture of water

i do its both very

unrelated, i think that short haired girl in klk is very funny and they should make a show about her

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

K-On is like if Lucky Star was on Nick Jr.

i hate this modless adtrw

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kon is poo poo imo

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpazmasterX posted:

Liar spotted

its true, k-on is actually the best anime ive ever watched and i feel very powerful now

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
over 9000

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

there are only two things worth arguing about in this world: Goku vs Superman, and which moe anime is the best

its goku and k-on

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i unironically like moe in a very cool, and socially acceptable way

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

serebralassazin posted:

Nichijou and Nichibros are also master level comedy anime that everyone should watch.

epicly agreed where the epicly is meant in an honest sense of the word

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

for real though i wanna ask a question too

why is

sincere and unquestionably their true opinion, while

some secret coded message that you sit and try to decipher, desperately looking over your shoulder so the Own Reaper can't come and end your posting career

i like けいおん

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rodyle posted:

Nichijou is trying to be PPD which was trying to be azumanga, neither succeeded.

i am glad it is possible to disagree while still staying civilized under this new mod

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sharkopath posted:

A good thread idea: A thread where you just post the anime you havent watched

please post about k-on

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rodyle posted:

It's a comedy, not a Shinkai film, writing is what carries it.

the animation in nichijou actually adds a lot to the humor

made possible by k-on

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cake Attack posted:

did anybody use the adrtwiki

i edited the k-on page and i feel deeply ashamed and accept any humiation

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please rename me or anyone else DragonballJoseph