Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What will become of the Zorkast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Most of the threads seem pretty normal, I don't see the problem.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Squidster posted:

In fairness, KLK literally opened with a fascist quote, but like everything else in that trainwreck of a series, it was only there for rule of coolness. Hbomberguy was the KlK apologist, but I've never really thought that there was a great deal to discuss in that series. It's just a shittier Gurren Lagann with more rape jokes.

The low effort posts that bug me are the ones found in Season threads, which quickly became unfocussed chat. Threads for individual series are normally fine, barring Fate/Type/whatever, which is all incestuous backpatting. I'll admit we don't have anything as bad as the TVIV Korra thread!

Haha you're still mad that people called your ideas retarded in the UBW thread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Gom's threads about Kaiji vs Joseph Jostar, and American Death Note have been ten times funnier than anything posted in this forum in years.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

i think a posting culture where low effort posts (preferably funny) and high effort Caring About Anime posts can both be made would be pretty cool, imo

Yeah.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Please do not suggest that ADTRW should be like Old, or even new GBS at all, Jesus Christ.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

I think the problem is a lot of people feel scared to make effort posts because, uh, some people don't use their shift keys sometimes, I guess?

Just make the effort posts. The worst that happens is somebody calls you an idiot, which, we're all adults here. I think we can handle people thinking our anime opinions are dumb.

I can't.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

I have never seen Ibram Gaunt post about a non-JoJo or Fate anime in ADTRW.

I posted about Parasyte, once.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I watch like one anime every two seasons, my bad opinions are all in the Megami Tensei Megathread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also people complaining that threads are kind of dry husks until new chapters/episodes come out need to be thankful for that because the threads for stuff that are constantly active are usually insanely bad.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'd rather have a dozen Fukomoto (RIP) megathreads where one chapter is posted every 2 months then another KLK one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think it's good to be able to post your opinions without fearing you'll get a 3 day for not using proper punctuation or following some rigid posting guidelines in the name of "quality"

actually I'm pretty sure Beef Waifu already made this point, oops.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The most hosed up part is he even said he would have removed the sexy official art if asked.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

That person posted child rape fanfic under the defense that "I didn't read past the first sentence", so they're the perfect fit for ADTRW

lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

personally, i like that the irc has good posters like the lady who was translating the gay rape torture game

Whoa Mama.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

So just like a lot of goon IRC channels, the irc channel for ADTRW is full of the hosed up weirdos that were run out and/or banned from the forum itself. Hell yeah?

I'm glad our fallen posting brothers and sisters have a safe haven to talk about hentai.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Its' because ADTRW is closing down, sorry.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Make it illegal to talk about an anime in any form outside of its designated thread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Make PewDiePie have to elaborate in detail for at least 3 sentences on what he finds sexy about characters he says are sexy

The Pewds doesn't need to explain himself to anyone.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Most of the minefield mahjong arc of Kaiji was lost on me since I had no clue what was going on, RIP.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The worst part about Minefield Majhong was when I first heard about it I assumed Kaiji would be playing mahjong on an actual minefield.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The next Kaiji arc is about highstakes Poker, can't wait to read it in 2025.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Sure I'll shoot it to you, it's a very informative PM and between it and the easy pace of Akagi you should be good to go.

Post the PMs.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thank you.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

I swear that this place has gotten more lewd in the past few days.

I can't control my horny level.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

He didn't even say anything, just posted the link. I don't even remember if he got probated (like 6 freakin hours if he did) or just told to knock it off, people talked about the chapters just fine.

Big whoop.

It is a big whoop.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

see: the no game no life thread surviving for like 10 episodes

It has a JoJos ref tho....so you can just ignore the other poo poo.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'll never understand why Kill la Kill became the flashpoint for this forum, when so many more reprehensible shows were tolerated or loved because the characters looked more like children or something. Its hosed up

I think it's because zorak made it an official thread rule that you couldn't make fun of it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I trust ADTRW to sort out which anime have acceptable Boner levels without mod intervention.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I watched episode 1 of Super Sonico: The Animation is this what all moe is like.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

a kitten posted:

Wait, poo poo this is the mod thread not general chat thread.

Every thread is a general chat thread in this brave new world.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

unless im reading this wrong it looks like poeple have been registering nonstop for the ADTRWiki for weeks now http://www.adtrwiki.com/index.php?title=Special:Log&type=newusers&month=&year=

Are those all spambots

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish those weren't bots because it would mean theres that many people who follow ADTRW but were too afraid to post.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

PotU posted:

please rename me or anyone else DragonballJoseph

That's a good one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hooray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sorry in advance for the weird doxxing you're going to get for probating people.

• Locked thread