Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Make me the anime mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Stalin-Chan posted:

I support Namtab for next mod of the anime forums, he will bring progressive groundbreaking new ideas to this subforum. Such as a Shugo Chara simulwatch.

Simulwatch of my fave anime Running Man

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Unfortunately you are weak and have poor taste.

So I'm a natural pick for the anime mod

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I bet the admins pick some blandposting dork for anime mod instead of me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

WickedHate posted:

What if I became the mod.

For all your faults you are not a blandposter so you can't be the mod

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Paper Triangle posted:

the kancolle thread gets gassed bbut lesbians licking pistol stamins: the gif: the thread remains. a travesty.

Just wait til I become mod.

I have a list

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

No i already know who's been naughty and nice.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Batman has been in cartoons but im not batman I'm namtab.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm still waiting to hear from the admins.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People actually listen to Zorak's podcast?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'll turn a blind eye to all my steam friends to preserve the ADTRW legacy.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Everyone ITT offers posting problems instead of posting solutions.

Just post, don't post creepy, your post should have a point even if it's just to say "x was cool". It's really not hard.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That is my manifesto for when I am anime mod

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AnacondaHL once again stacking up his mod credentials.

My money is on him (and/or me)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

PotU posted:

what is a quality post on this forum? i dont think just a bog standard regular discussion of an anime or some long rear end effort post is automatically quality. imo this forum has been dull as hell forever and the only thing people really seem to remember was some joke thread about anime tits

Namtab posted:

Everyone ITT offers posting problems instead of posting solutions.

Just post, don't post creepy, your post should have a point even if it's just to say "x was cool". It's really not hard.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People seem to prefer yelling at people themselves instead of reporting them in some way.

It's something I'll have to be aware of when I am mod.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

With zorak gone there may never be a season thread again unless someone does it.

It will not be me tho.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Davincie posted:

im thinking about making a short anime thread. so for all the 3 minute things that otherwise barely get any posts

:justpost:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A general anime chat thread (like a "what are you currently watching" thread) only works if it's properly moderated and people make threads if something is discussed for a while.

So in the thread if there was like a page worth of chat for, say, FMA then someone should make a FMA thread otherwise Zorak's right and the subforum'd stagnate.

It should also be for stuff that's finished airing (currently airing anims would go in a season thread for 3 ep test or have their own threads, same as ever).

The aim would be to generate chat, but to avoid all anime chat being concentrated in the one thread.

E: Season thread would remain as the 3 ep test/news thread.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mecha Gojira posted:

General chat threads were prohibited for two reasons: A. they promote clique-y behavior and B. we already have an IRC channel (#gattai on irc.synIRC.net) for general bullshit chat.

Of course, we're a pretty angry and bitter clique in #gattai and our ops rule with an iron fist. Come stop by and say hi.

I'm sure a general chat thread would be less cliquey than IRC.

The general chat thread would work as an experiment, much like the worst anime of 2014 thread I did (which worked and is totes coming back in December). If it works there's a good new thread, if it doesn't there's a "close" button the OP or mod can hit.

There's no reason to not at least try it.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That is a very unfunny topic with an unfunny joke about jonjonaug (banned for being creepy about VNs).

E: Apologies I forgot he was gay and gay men cannot be creepy about VNs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Mecha Gojira posted:

I warned you about the Iron Fist.

Seems like bad moderation imo. The time for bad moderation has ended.

E: This is now also a reply to stalin-chan as well

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

K. Flaps posted:

Just reveal the new mod already.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

XyloJW posted:

I realize I'm not the ADTRW mod and whoever the new mod is they can reverse this when they take over, but in this transition period I would ask that we all refrain from posting IRC logs, in the interest of not boring me out of my mind.

I have completed my research and found that #gattai is in fact boring. I will not post logs as proof you just have to trust me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sounds like it won't be hard for a general chat thread to be less cliquey than irc.

(#gattai isn't official it's just that adtrw goons use it but some of them are banned for good reasons)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

GloomMouse posted:

I hope the new mod keeps things pretty much like they've been under Zorak

I hope the new mod finds their own style. Zorak wasn't perfect, the new mod won't be perfect.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So admins how much longer do I have to wait for you to contact me re: the mod position

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Some smug bastard is posting itt having already been contacted by the admins, watching the puppets dance as they fail to guess his anime destiny.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

one joke is funny, ten jokes is desperate begging

Jokes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I only got into anime for 2 reasons. Righteous oppai, stacked baps.

This is the code I live by

• Locked thread