Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-M4WXov2lM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If I am made moderator I promise to abolish all discussion of Kill La Kill and anything else directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Oh, a moderator that discourages discussion. That's what the forums need more of for sure.

I discourage discussion of everything. There will be no more discussion, now all people will do is make posts about what their favorite anime character are and gifs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That would be the worst idea ever, please do it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The future of ADTRW is unclear, but I think it's... bright.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Huge oppai does matter to me, yes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

If you would get PMs, skype, AIM, loving ANYTHING I would send you hot pics of the fakku asian babe mod Tegumina and prove that is not the case

I have a skype account linked in my profile, bitch.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

:eyepop:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh I see how it is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
the mod was actually inside of us all along

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm very happy that someone finally dealt with WickedHate, because jesus christ.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Enuff z'nuff

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HulkaMatt posted:

i am the new anime mod. i know all the answers to all the anime questions.

This is a betrayal, Hulkamatt.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pentyne posted:

It saved us from WH.

Worth the cost.

Actually, that was Kancolle

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was never in need of confirmation

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
i watched kick heart the other day and it was a lotta fun, wish it was a bit longer but it's coo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUJzj4DXHYE

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB3C0fflMxQ

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

remember that scene in the live-action casper movie where it's just a montage of people running screaming from the haunted house

I'm Guido Sarducci

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver2195 posted:

I tend to feel the opposite way; I think there's too much "humor" (shitposting) and not enough real discussion.

I feel there's too much "Real Discussion" and not enough being chill

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I spend my day like any other person, putting my anime on, one leg at a time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Squidster posted:

There is INFINITELY too much low-effort GBS style shitposting. When I click on a thread, I'd like to see some actual coherent thoughts

Be the change you want to see in the forums.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh man, someone didn't use proper punctuation when typing out their thoughts. I guess this person is a loving troglodyte who doesn't contribute to discussion. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to post my College thesis on why the fascist implications of Kill La Kill are so apparent and how I am super correct about the next Attack on Titan death.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am fine with incestuous backpatting which is why I made the Sword Art Online thread.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DrPaper posted:

Since when does an anime have to "mean" something and be anything other than cool/funny/fun-to-watch??

They're cartoons.

Anime is life

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DrSunshine posted:

So, like, is this thread the one where we hash out the grounding principles for ADTRW 2.0, like the Founding Fathers did at the Philadelphia Convention?

Who's James Madison?

Ralp should just close ADTRW if we ever do something as dumb as this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DrSunshine posted:

Then make an interesting/unique thread! Nobody's stopping you! For years, Zorak has been trying to do all sorts of things to prod the folks of ADTRW to make something more creative than "Show of the season" megathreads. It hasn't been too successful, and I'll grant you that, but just cranking up the post volume-o-meter is not gonna help. Okay, wow, so now instead of 5 megathreads a season there's 15, and they're all filled with people posting monkeycheese and memes over and over again. That's not progress.

Neither is bitching about other people doing it. If you want to actually make ADTRW a better place then quit holding everyone up to this arbitrary standard of good posting and actually loving make the good posts. I swear to god, for every person who bitches about the GBS posting, a lot of people seem to be quick to point the finger instead of actually setting an example.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Encouraging effortposts is as much of a slippery slope because then ADTRW becomes this lovely droll place to post in and literally everyone must follow some lovely arbitrary standard of posting so they can say what they want about the medium for true Auteurs without being probated. There needs to be a middle, not an extreme, nor should you be holding anyone to any specific standard.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I care about anime a lot and I like to articulate why in multiple post sizes. Short, medium, large, and stout.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dr. Sunshine, you are a buffoon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have never seen Ibram Gaunt post about a non-JoJo or Fate anime in ADTRW.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's hard to own someone who enjoys good things, true.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I watch like one anime every two seasons, my bad opinions are all in the Megami Tensei Megathread.

None of your opinions about Megaten are bad, because everyone in that thread's opinions about Megaten are worse.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been meaning to make a new voice actor thread for a while and update trivia in the JoJo thread, but my ADD riddled brain makes these things hard.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also people complaining that threads are kind of dry husks until new chapters/episodes come out need to be thankful for that because the threads for stuff that are constantly active are usually insanely bad.

Kill La Kill is the worst thread this forum has had in the past few years and that's pretty drat astounding.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Depending on your perspective, it's actually the best.

Endorph, I love you and everything terrible in this world... but no.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I will blow you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait a minute...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those Atma threads were amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Goldmined by the kind of people who self-select to post in New GBS.

Actually I'm pretty sure it's goldmined by the people who moderate the forums.

• Locked thread