Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Captain_duck posted:

Wow it's the end of an era. Thanks for taking care of us for so long zorak.

:agreed:

The simulwatch threads were great fun and got me to check out a lot of excellent shows.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

See you later, space cowboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

I feel there's too much "Real Discussion" and not enough being chill

Yeah for sure. Discussion is cool but lately it feels like more and more people have been quick to get legit mad about anime opinions instead of wanting to earnestly have a conversation, which is significantly less cool.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zorak always liked to quote the rule about how posts should be funny, interesting, or informative and I think that's a pretty good guideline instead of how much effort someone put into their posts (Though jokes should generally be given more leniency imo because hey at least attempting to be funny is a good thing unless you are an aggressively unfunny person).

Plus, people make low effort posts that aren't jokes as well. Stuff like "It was cool when (thing) happened" Or "I hope (thing happens) in the next episode!" are comments that don't add much to a discussion but there are usually plenty of posts like that each week! And that's fine too if that's what people wanna post about, but those are low effort as hell.

I do feel there is room here for posts of low effort, high effort, and everything in-between, though.

Srice fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jan 9, 2015

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

Oh, and the guy who got banned for being a pedophile

hrm, yes, this is definitely a cool IRC for fun people to hang out in and not a bombshelter for hosed up weirdos

So just like a lot of goon IRC channels, the irc channel for ADTRW is full of the hosed up weirdos that were run out and/or banned from the forum itself. Hell yeah?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

Sounds like it won't be hard for a general chat thread to be less cliquey than irc.

(#gattai isn't official it's just that adtrw goons use it but some of them are banned for good reasons)

Not to mention that the season threads have basically become threads to talk about anything as long as it's vaguely anime related. I think everyone would be happy if there could be a single thread to siphon all that general discussion out of it without having to worry about being too off topic.

The main problem I can think of is that people could be discouraged from making new threads, but people are already afraid of doing that so it's not like it'd be a huge loss. But hey, if it doesn't work out it can be shut down well at least an attempt was made.

• Locked thread