Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I'll miss you, Zorak. I know we clashed a few times, but I really respect the job you've done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Vengarr posted:

ADTRW has been boring, bland, self-hating over-moderated poo poo for the longest time. It's like Old GBS: boring rote threads for whatever is currently on the television, no humor, lots of complaining about other people's opinions like an even shittier Debate and Discussion but for children's cartoons.

Vote Vengarr for Moderator, I will allow ADTRW to grow like a forum bonsai tree: by carefully lopping off the shittiest posters while allowing the nubs to blossom into beautiful branches. I believe that a little shitposting is necessary to fertilize the great tree of discussion, so that we may enjoy the fruits of anime as free men. Thank you and god bless

I tend to feel the opposite way; I think there's too much "humor" (shitposting) and not enough real discussion.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Srice posted:

Yeah for sure. Discussion is cool but lately it feels like more and more people have been quick to get legit mad about anime opinions instead of wanting to earnestly have a conversation, which is significantly less cool.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think shitposting is the opposite of madposting; I think passive-aggressive shitposting raises the temperature sometimes.

• Locked thread