Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
no mods no masters, let this subforum descend into an even more nightmarish hellhole and then remove it from the forums at large entirely. qtiyd imo tia hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
the kancolle thread gets gassed bbut lesbians licking pistol stamins: the gif: the thread remains. a travesty.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Namtab posted:

Just wait til I become mod.

I have a list

i've never heard of an anime mod with a comic book username. seems hosed up to me.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
holy poo poo you're right.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

the wildest rear end posted:

Good thing Zorak stepped down, since his name came from an american cartoon.

at least a cartoon is animated.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
the only request i have of the new mod is that he makes continued name jokes about the guy with fire/ice powers from my hero academia a bannable offense

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
it started with calling him like Icy Hot and stuff that was funny but after the 3 obvious jokes everyone felt like they could get one in too and it devolved into a mess and i had to stop reading the thread and block out the names from my memory in order to continue to enjoy the incredibly good manga

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I'm confident you will enjoy it if you give it a chance but I'm also okay with it if you don't. Namaste.

Edit: Actually I don't even know what you like so maybe I'm wrong but I love shonen and superheroes because my mind is very simple.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
How do you feel about Hikaru no Go?

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Edit: I forgot my quote then a bunch of people posted.

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Is that the one with the page where the dude is playing Go against Void from Berserk in 4 dimensions? My understanding is that the manga won't teach you poo poo about Go and since I'm only passingly familiar with the game I haven't given it a shot. I had a poster here shoot me a mahjong primer so I could start reading Akagi lmao.

The manga (and I think also the anime) have little go primers at the end of the chapters/episodes. They won't teach you enough to be good but they'll teach you enough to understand the game and appreciate the story, but I don't think it's even necessary because it's mostly about character growth. You know Hikaru made a good go move when lightning comes out of the go stones. Do you really need to know mahjong well to enjoy Akagi cuz I love Kaiji but know nothing about mahjong and that's kept me away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
They're all me. I'm them.

• Locked thread