Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Someone will have to dig up the corpses of Mr. VacBob and TheFluff for the season threads.

Ya done good Zorak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

edit: also imo, two mods or one mod, the rules mod should be someone who doesn't give a poo poo about anime, like Xylo. That way there's no people being probated because they didn't like Legend of the Galactic Heroes (a thing zorak actually did)
Was that Nephilim? He was kind of a butt who was weird and creepy but I agree disliking a show shouldn't get you in trouble.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

DrSunshine posted:

A "Misc. Anime Thread" would be a great idea!

In fact, an all-out general "ADTRW chat" thread might be a good, fun thing for all those people who just want to casually chitchat about nothing in particular, with an anime/manga spin. I feel that the Season threads already serve this purpose to some extent, but it'd be good to have one here. BSS and GWS and various other discussion forums have something like that, and I don't see why Zorak continually declined that idea.
A problem with ADTRW for a long time (maybe it still is one) is that due to its smaller size people would gravitate to megathreads and just talk about whatever rather than making threads for the things they were talking about. It used to be that the subforum would only have say 3 pages because of low activity and people just not really putting in the effort to make threads. I remember him even saying at one point that he was not comfortable with the Misc. Shounen/Seinen threads for the same reason.

A chat thread may be necessary anyway so that it can siphon away the various derails that keep happening in the season threads.

• Locked thread