Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I'm sure some of y'all have noticed how little I've been around as of late. Well... It was bound to happen sometime but: I'm anime'd out. I'm tired of anime. I've gone through "apathetic about anime" phases before and soldiered on, but lately I've been way too busy with my employment to give moderating much time at all regardless of my own anime-watching status. Which is really not fair to you all. So after probably too many years sticking around as moderator, I've hung up my hat and stepped down.

When I was first made moderator I was age-wise the youngest moderator by far (whoah what a surprise, anime mod as a literal child), and now I'm vacating it as someone who has been a moderator nearly the longest. Even ignoring the fact that I'm frankly kind of just tired of the whole thing at this point, ADTRW has probably been in need of new blood for some time. I feel this is overall a very positive thing for the forum, given how much of a relative dinosaur I am at this point.

For those of you that have worked with me over these years to make this forum a good place for sane anime discussion: Thank you. I've gotten a lot of support over the years, and I probably wouldn't have lasted this long if it hadn't been for your support. I know not all of you have agreed with my decisions or been my biggest fans, and I'm sure I've given punishments that were unjustified. I've been a crabby dolt, and I've acted too quickly or too slowly or in the wrong ways far too many times. I apologize for that. Thank you for putting up with me this long.

I'll continue to post and be around, so it's not like I'm vanishing. I'm sure the anime bug will eventually bite me again (when they finally make a new Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex???) where I'll be more inclined to keep up to date with ongoing stuff. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

As to who is replacing me, the admins are working on selecting my replacements, and have been working at it for some time now. The candidate list they're working on is fantastic, and I'm sure whoever they ultimately select will do an excellent job. So many of you are fantastic posters that contribute excellently, there is far from a lack of options. I don't think you will have to wait long in any case.

So, as a great anime once said:

Thanks again! :)

Zorak fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jan 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread