Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dewgy posted:

I can't really call his cartoons "not racist" knowing that but at least it's some sort of pre-WWW ironic humor form of racism. Makes me feel a little bit better about existence.

Which is immediately then negated by other people copying it and using it without a trace of irony. :smith:

Oh no, they used a wrong form of satire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

I hope you get murdered by a proud freedom fighter for your crimes of fighting a societal problem with its own caricature.

E: gently caress you, SedanChair, you god drat hypocrite.

How could that be hypocritical? I'm using racist imagery to respond to the racism directed at me. Charlie Hebdo using racist imagery is something completely different.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SedanChair posted:

How could that be hypocritical? I'm using racist imagery to respond to the racism directed at me. Charlie Hebdo using racist imagery is something completely different.

You are a racist, of course you miss the point.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

SedanChair posted:

It's only legitimate if it's you doing it :fuckoff:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

SedanChair posted:

I actually bought this avatar for myself because people kept buying avatars for me that were more racist, but less funny.

You spent money so that others could see that? You published racist art?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

boom boom boom posted:

You spent money so that others could see that? You published racist art?

He's racist - no wonder.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

steinrokkan posted:

He's racist - no wonder.

Pretty sure as a black person SedanChair lacks the necessary institutional power to qualify him as a racist. So unlike Charlie Hebdo who are white dudes publishing racist drivel to critizise other racists, SedanChair technically isn't a racist but only somebody who distributes racist images for his own amusement. :eng101:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Randler posted:

Pretty sure as a black person SedanChair lacks the necessary institutional power to qualify him as a racist. So unlike Charlie Hebdo who are white dudes publishing racist drivel to critizise other racists, SedanChair technically isn't a racist but only somebody who distributes racist images for his own amusement. :eng101:

As a ictim of racial profiling, I feel I can emphasize with him!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

As a ictim of racial profiling, I feel I can emphasize with him!

(USER REMINDED TO CHECK PRIVILEGE FOR THIS POST)

You were saying?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
You guys are going pretty HAM on this :stare:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

At this point I think the thread has started to eat itself and devolve into mediocre quality trolling again. Maybe we should review Charb's book or something before it gets boring and poo poo up (instead of just poo poo up).

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Content:

Oh Sacrament: Vatican allows gay marriage!
("Sakra" is a primitive German Bavarian expression of surprise)

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

AA, is A Wyatt Mann not actually racist in context?

I wasn't expecting to see Answer Me! referenced when I clicked that link, but I was pretty sure I'd see Boyd Rice somewhere. He's labeled NON in that photo.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.
I'll tell you what. Could one of you kids go over to that keg, and get me a red cup, and fill it about halfway with beer? Thanks.

Just before the Internet, print and primative video culture got really weird for a while. There were lots of zines, and lots of locally produced late-night TV.

Anyway, eventually you would stumble upon the Loompanics Book Catalog.

In my opinion, most of the really controversial content on the Internet today could be traced to that catalog. It's a loving free speech Necronomicon.

Oops, gramps has gotta go now.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Disinterested posted:

You guys are going pretty HAM on this :stare:

Some days it seems like there's a large swathe of the Western world that desperately wants to validate the ISIS/Boko Haram belief that Islam is incompatible with modernity.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

You are a racist, of course you miss the point.
Sedanchair isn't racist, you just need to know the context/incident his av is referring to.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rudatron posted:

Sedanchair isn't racist, you just need to know the context/incident his av is referring to.

Sedanchair declared in this very thread that context doesn't matter when it comes to racist images.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Sedanchair declared in this very thread that context doesn't matter when it comes to racist images.

Nice temper tantrum, that will show him where he went wrong.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That would be hypocrisy.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

captainblastum posted:

It's a racist image no matter if he bought it, somebody else bought it for him, or somebody gave it to him for free with mod powers. I don't see how that contradicts his position that racist imagery is racist.

How do we know that the person was not merely satirzing racist imagery?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tezzor posted:

How do we know that the person was not merely satirzing racist imagery?

Effectronica posted:

Some days it seems like there's a large swathe of the Western world that desperately wants to validate the ISIS/Boko Haram belief that Islam is incompatible with modernity.

you guys are terrible
(protip: "in this case, using racist imagery to make a non racist point makes sense and calling it an endorsement of racism is dumb and wrong" does not mean "every racist image ever is good", and "the overreaction of arch conservative muslims reflects badly on them also killing people is bad" does not mean "browns are literally apes lol")

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

blowfish posted:

you guys are terrible
(protip: "in this case, using racist imagery to make a non racist point makes sense and calling it an endorsement of racism is dumb and wrong" does not mean "every racist image ever is good", and "the overreaction of arch conservative muslims reflects badly on them also killing people is bad" does not mean "browns are literally apes lol")

Protip: A professional tip: a tip for the pros: the guilty flee when no man pursueth, and defend themselves when general statements are made.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Calling it now: Effectronica is actually performance art.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.
Oh well. Maybe Charlie Chaplin was only mad at Hitler for stealing his moustache.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.
Yeah, the guy the police shot in Boston really was originally gunning for Pamela Geller. Just to save everybody five minutes of research.

There's a video that apparently shows exactly what happened, and everybody who has seen it agrees about what it shows. It's not even a little ambiguous, and the witnesses who offered conflicting accounts are now themselves suspects.

bitey fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 7, 2015

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

rudatron posted:

I don't believe so, everything I've seen from him contains his racist avatar, which makes all his posts racist.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

I don't believe so, everything I've seen from him contains his racist avatar, which makes all his posts racist.

You're welcome to keep grinding on this, but it sure sounds like trying to shut down minorities to me. Which is actually what most of the newfound CH supporters have as a primary interest.

Just a little bit of digging and it spills on out, death threats and all.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SedanChair posted:

You're welcome to keep grinding on this, but it sure sounds like trying to shut down minorities to me. Which is actually what most of the newfound CH supporters have as a primary interest.

I'm trying to shut down minorities by making fun of a white guy on an obscure forum.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Who's this white guy?

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
I don't want to backseat moderate but this poo poo should prolly be closed

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SedanChair posted:

Who's this white guy?

You.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.

Tezzor posted:

Why do you take at face value the unsubstantiated claims of police after they just killed a guy?

As I understand it, the cops (in this case, the FBI) had been following this suspect for a while because he was talking about his intentions on social media. They'd tapped his phone. He talked about wanting to kill Pamela Geller, then he talked about settling for killing cops with some knives he bought on Amazon.

So three cops tried to confront him. He had expressed the desire to kill cops with one of the knives he bought on Amazon; and sure enough, he lunged at the cops with one of those knives, so they shot him.

The whole thing was captured on video. The video was first shown to community leaders, and then to the family of the deceased. It may be released publically.

If you have a convincing counter-claim, I'd love to hear it.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Not me pal.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SedanChair posted:

Not me pal.

As a white supremacist and a racist, you are the problem, man. That's the image you decided to present of yourself.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

As a white supremacist and a racist, you are the problem, man. That's the image you decided to present of yourself.

But I am literally not able to do that.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SedanChair posted:

But I am literally not able to do that.

You are unable to do what? Unable to be a racist? That sounds like something a racist would use to protect himself, "I was raised as a tolerant guy, I cna't be a racist."

The thing is, you are a racist, no matter what you say in your defense. Because you defense has no impact on the previous, pure acts of yours.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

You are unable to do what? Unable to be a racist? That sounds like something a racist would use to protect himself, "I was raised as a tolerant guy, I cna't be a racist."

The thing is, you are a racist, no matter what you say in your defense. Because you defense has no impact on the previous, pure acts of yours.

Haha no that's not the reason. I can't be racist toward black people.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SedanChair posted:

Why can't you be racist towards black people?

There were many Slavic people racist against Slavic people under Nazi occupation. Why should you be an exemption?

Not to mention you are a white supremacist.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SedanChair posted:

I have never heard of a member of any race aiding , abetting, or enthusiastically carrying out the systematic oppression of members of his own race. Since we are apparently unable to avoid making anything and everything about race politics and minorities, this seems like the most productive line of reasoning. get hosed, you deluded moron

SedanChair posted:

i am currently masturbating furiously to the thought of crushing the will (and skulls) of arabs, roma, and generic brown people under my Boot of Oppression (tm) :jerkbag:

e: I also notice your not-so-subtle attempt at backtracking, since you previously criticised Charlie Hebdo as racist and evil (which is not true), while now you have retreated to the position of evil racists who have recently found out about the existence of Charlie Hebdo and for ill-defined reasons make a show of supporting it being racist and evil (which is self evident and has been pointed out e.g. by the staff of Charlie Hebdo)

Shortly after people pointed out that by the standards previously set out by yourself you would be a racist, that is

:ironicat:

suck my woke dick fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
SedanChair performs worse than a 1920s minstrel show promoter in defending the minorities he claims to protect.

• Locked thread