Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I just finished watching through the first two Patlabor movies thanks to this thread's praise for the series, and wow, whoever said Patlabor 2 was one of the best anime movies ever made wasn't kidding. I think I might have liked it better than Sword of the Stranger, and I adored that movie. Definitely checking the series out next because I'm totally buying what these guys are selling. Also Is it just me, or did that movie basically have Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig's plot? Kinda cool if that's what 2nd Gig drew inspiration from.

Also I watched this pretty much immediately after watching Cross Ange because "Hey, mechs fighting dragons, that sounds cool!" I'll recover from the quality whiplash eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I just spent twenty minutes trying to think of one I like more and I can't. Votoms comes really close though.

Huh, I've never even heard of Votoms but since this thread has done well by me so far, I'll have to check it out.

• Locked thread