Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Patlabor is easily the best mecha series ever made.

It's the best anime ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Baka-nin posted:

Well I caught up with some of the show, that fight in the bathhouse was really funny and the two movies were really impressive. What's the deal with the third movie I saw that it has a bad reputation but is that because it has a new cast or are their worse problems with it?

The new leads aren't very interesting, it's a pretty bad-looking movie, and it's unrelentingly cynical in a way that feels very un-Patlabor.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Cynical in the trying too hard to be edgy Batman VS Superman/Suicide Squad sense?

I haven't seen either of those movies so i can't compare, but yeah i can see a case for patlabor 3 being edgy.

• Locked thread