Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
This imgur gallery is an example of the true sage wisdom of this series and in particular Captain Gotou.

For all the hay the press makes about SV2 being a bunch of fuckups, this is honestly kind of a utopian view of police work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Jimbot posted:

Holy crap, I didn't even know they released just about everything Patlabor on blu-ray. A few years ago I was scrambling trying to get the DVD boxsets (and succeeded). Are the releases touched up at all or is it just a blu-ray edition because everything else is out of print?

Well, seeing as there are also new DVD sets for everything that has new blu-rays, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it wasn't just to get it in print.

The two OVAs and the movies deserve the 1080 (OVA2 mostly only in combat scenes though; the rest is basically the same quality as the TV series), and the TV series is an improvement but only slightly. I mean there is extra detail even from the 16mm masters when compared with DVD res, but not a ton. They probably could have released 720p BDs for it, but while that's theoretically in the spec nobody does it. Not all BD authoring software even supports it, and the only real benefit would be that you could fit more episodes per disc, so the boxes could have been marginally cheaper to produce.

• Locked thread