Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
medusa with snake leg isn't enough what else can we add

well, lets fill it with skulls, gently caress it make the whole tail skulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012

ME EAT YOU WHOLE.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wish nocturne had more demons.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
medusa looks kind of like amy winehouse

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

medusa looks kind of like amy winehouse

In that she is mostly skeleton?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LordAba posted:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

LordAba posted:

O__O

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Flauros is a strong Great Duke of Hell, having thirty-six (twenty according to Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) legions of demons under his rule.

He gives true answers of all things past, present and future, but he must be first commanded to enter a magic triangle for if not he will lie, deceive the conjurer, and beguile him in other business. But if he enters the triangle he will answer truly, and gladly speak about divinity, the creation of the world, himself, and other fallen angels. He can also destroy all the conjurer's enemies by burning them up. If the magician requests it, he will not suffer temptations from any spirit or in any form.

Commonly people represent him as a humanoid leopard with big claws. Flauros is depicted as a terrible and strong leopard that under request of the conjurer changes into a man with fiery eyes and an awful expression.

Flauros can also supposedly be called upon when a mortal wishes to take vengeance on other demons. This is likely included in his capability to destroy the conjurer's enemies.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

lesbian baphomet posted:

i like that one dog that's also a tapeworm

a good demon

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
it's still decarabia

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that might be the best picture i have seen in a really long time thx

Herr Shitlord
May 2, 2008

I feel so much butter!

persona 2 is basically SMT right

Dec 26, 2012

it's

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

I guess if you are a badass hero from mythology you get to wear your underwear on the outside.

[Odysseus P2:EP]

Judge Ito Boxing
Oct 29, 2011

There's a lot of value in the public being able to see how the system works.

quote:

pretty sure I had a Big O season 3 fever dream with these guys in it

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
the persona 2 designs are way better than persona 3/4

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
my gamer confession is ive never played smt and i was going to post chariot mara itt because its the only one i know and remember

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

stoutfish posted:

the persona 2 designs are way better than persona 3/4

persona 2 is cool as gently caress and i recommend playing the psp versions of 1 and 2 IS

it's too bad 2 EP for PSP didn't make it to the US ironically

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
which smt should i play

i have:

strange journey
persona 4
smtiv
devil survivor
devil summoner

Dec 26, 2012

devil survivor if you want to play a tactics rpg, smt4 if not

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

which smt should i play

i have:

strange journey
persona 4
smtiv
devil survivor
devil summoner

if you never played any of them before, i would say persona 4. it's the ultimate gateway game imo.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i've beaten smt 1 and 2, played a lot of persona 1 before i hit one of those fucker dungeons that warps you to the beginning if you mess up, started persona 2 but i didn't get far and i wanna play it again

i almost beat persona 3 portable but my psp died and i lost its memory card before i got a new one

i will play persona 4: the golden because i played like an hour of smt4 and somehow missed saving and that made me sad and unwilling to go through it again for a bit

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Doctor Goat posted:

i've beaten smt 1 and 2, played a lot of persona 1 before i hit one of those fucker dungeons that warps you to the beginning if you mess up, started persona 2 but i didn't get far and i wanna play it again

i almost beat persona 3 portable but my psp died and i lost its memory card before i got a new one

i will play persona 4: the golden because i played like an hour of smt4 and somehow missed saving and that made me sad and unwilling to go through it again for a bit

Persona 2 (IS) on PSP is pretty rad if you get your PSP back (or have a vita for some reason). It's on the PSN store.

Seriously sad they didn't give (EP) the updated treatment though.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i have a vita for some reason

the remakes of the persona games are all really cool. p1's new music is great

edit: i want to play IS but i don't want to not be able to port my save to EP and they're not gonna port that

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 11, 2015

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

scathach is a cool 90's goth who has pulled my rear end out the fire more than once

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

pretty sicknasty if i do say so my self

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i get the feeling the hardest difficulty version of shadow yosuke is nasty as gently caress, like the first 3 maps of FE:A are hard as gently caress because you don't have any preparation

the only reason he isn't a threat is because he doesn't spam his wind attack

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Does persona Q have any good designs that have come out of it?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
not really

a few of the designs are updated but not many

e: the ones that are are pretty cool, but its not a lot of art for use in the game, just profile page stuff

for some reason they updated all the angels (gabriel, michael, etc)

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 12, 2015

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

hubris.height posted:

for some reason they updated all the angels (gabriel, michael, etc)

SMT IV direction update or an update of the earlier versions?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
it's not the smt4 designs, just kind of different. i forget how.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
like the rest of the game they took a different art direction style that is kinda unique and neat to it but not great

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Isn't all the art for the Personas in Q just the PS2 era in-game models rendered in a different pose than "usual" and maybe touched up a bit?
Not that it looks bad or anything

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah the Personas in Q don't have actual models it's all basically a screenshot of a PS2 game

I do kind of like how the second dungeon changes to be kind of creepy and sinister in design tho. Dungeon 3 already starts creepy so I dunno if they'll do more

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Does persona Q have any good designs that have come out of it?

The persona art looks bad to me because it's just a screen cap of the 3D models, but some of the original shadows have pretty cool designs.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
if you like that keep going but dungeon 4 is gonna be the sector e from strange journey and separate wheat from chaff ( it's actually easier than that but tedious)

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hubris.height posted:

if you like that keep going but dungeon 4 is gonna be the sector e from strange journey and separate wheat from chaff ( it's actually easier than that but tedious)

will I ever get an item that will let me walk on the spikes in dungeon 2? because I wanna 100% all the floors but it's a total pain to blow all my sp just on one floor

• Locked thread