Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
ippon-datara from raidou kozonoha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR8HV1IgwmI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah you get it on the same floor i think a monster drops a component used to make winged sandals which stop floor damage for a certain number of steps

by the by dungeon 2 is like the only dungeon in the entire game to use the floor spikes mechanic kinda dumb

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

skadi is cool

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

latios and latias

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

seeing this guy in smt3 was hilare

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tzitzimitl is a cool lady with a fun name

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
every demon after level 50 is pretty cool

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Great Joe posted:

seeing this guy in smt3 was hilare

http://youtu.be/djJPDGvqLa4?t=1m7s

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

quote:

Japanese god of the privy and toilets; legend says that with an invocation to him in New Year's Eve, one can avoid all problems that may arise in bathrooms.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:agreed:

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I remember rolling with Melchizedek in the Persona 3 end game. I think this is how the design meeting went:

Okay, next! Melchizedek? Name checks out, do we have a picture?

Who the hell is this bong-hugging beard gaijin? gently caress that, I'm thinking more mecha ranger, slap on jet boots and some poo poo.

That's great, next!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

StoryTime posted:

Who the hell is this bong-hugging beard gaijin? gently caress that, I'm thinking more mecha ranger, slap on jet boots and some poo poo.

I don't see a problem here.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wish uke mochi would get in a smt game. uke mochi was a goddess who expelled food from bodily orifices and it was so gross that tsukuyomi killed her on seeing it happen

that's one of the only things i remember well from mythology studies

Tzaphkiel: Tzaphkiel also known as Zaphkiel, Tzaphquiel or Tzaphqiel, is an Archangel of Judaic lore. Tzaphkiel name means "The Beholder of God". He is associated with the name of YHWH called Elohim, the Sephirah Binah, and the planet Saturn.

"Beholder, eh?"

there's some real intent following of judaic archangels now and GIS made me aware of that and now I'm weirded out

there's some old testament stuff to be mined like the seraphim

Melchizedek is also always an old guy w/ a white beard and pipe and I guess there are worse things to be in mythology but it didn't give them much to work with

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

one of my fav designs in the series

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i like all the high level angel designs because they have weird takes on it that aren't just 'dude with wings'

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
my mind doesn't really understand some of the angels that are like

'wings shaped like a drill with no other features but a face' i can't remember the name

Dec 26, 2012

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

hubris.height posted:

if you like that keep going but dungeon 4 is gonna be the sector e from strange journey and separate wheat from chaff ( it's actually easier than that but tedious)

Barfffff

Just unlocked ability to make skill cards though. At least I have a use for these FOE personas I was just sacrificing away

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

i wish uke mochi would get in a smt game. uke mochi was a goddess who expelled food from bodily orifices and it was so gross that tsukuyomi killed her on seeing it happen

that's one of the only things i remember well from mythology studies

Tzaphkiel: Tzaphkiel also known as Zaphkiel, Tzaphquiel or Tzaphqiel, is an Archangel of Judaic lore. Tzaphkiel name means "The Beholder of God". He is associated with the name of YHWH called Elohim, the Sephirah Binah, and the planet Saturn.

"Beholder, eh?"

there's some real intent following of judaic archangels now and GIS made me aware of that and now I'm weirded out

Melchizedek is also always an old guy w/ a white beard and pipe and I guess there are worse things to be in mythology but it didn't give them much to work with

Bayonetta 1+2 are fun with how they interpret angel mythology

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sector E is an extremely awesome dungeon. All of the dungeons from E on are pretty incredible actually.

I just fought this guy in DDS1.

DDS has really fun bosses.

Dec 26, 2012

the parts of sector e that arent that stupid teleporter maze are cool

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
The frosts all loving rule

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

01011001 posted:

the parts of sector e that arent that stupid teleporter maze are cool

dendy crew
Jun 1, 2011

Dendy!, Dendy!, We love Dendy! Dendy - Everyone plays it!

the arm chiaki loses is the one wearing the rose ring that has the same color scheme/ texture as her tree arm
baal avatar's wing is opposite to the one chiaki loses; suggesting that chiaki is stuffed inside it and is now second banana to the strongest being she knows (baal) (this fits the pattern of all the human characters "riding" their patron god)

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
whats the name of the guy who did those (good) old designs

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

hubris.height posted:

whats the name of the guy who did those (good) old designs

Kazuma Kaneko

Really prefer his designs to the new ones.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Golden Goat posted:

Kazuma Kaneko

Really prefer his designs to the new ones.

Yeah they are really under-utilizing him now but I have no idea what's going on at Atlus so maybe he's just burnt out I dunno.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Radish posted:

Yeah they are really under-utilizing him now but I have no idea what's going on at Atlus so maybe he's just burnt out I dunno.

i think he might have gotten bored

his SMT designs started getting kind of repetitive, but Persona stuff went down anther path until most of the personas started getting recycled there, too

digital devil saga required a new style, so it was fresh and had cool stuff again

i don't know if Raidou reset him or not, I didn't play it

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Bayonetta 1+2 are fun with how they interpret angel mythology

hell yes, Bayonetta's old testament style demons rule

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Radish posted:

I actually thought he wasn't working on SMT after seeing the designs in IV.

Dec 26, 2012

i dont think he is

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He worked on the story and some of the demons.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
p4g Contrarian king is an rear end in a top hat

no weaknesses, spams Rampage if he feels like it

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

I always loved this guy an his limit brake was fun

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I agree that it feels like his designs get a bit less inspired and samey as he keeps working on the same franchise for too long, he needs fresh air to thrive and delight us with awesome artwork.

I feel shameful for saying that but i want to see a final fantasy game with his art

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Doctor Goat posted:

p4g Contrarian king is an rear end in a top hat

no weaknesses, spams Rampage if he feels like it

No weaknesses, comes in packs of four, spams second-tier multi-hit spells really early in the game, tends to ambush you, has no problem exploiting all three of your party members' weaknesses so that they get a billion turns

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

DoubleDonut posted:

No weaknesses, comes in packs of four, spams second-tier multi-hit spells really early in the game, tends to ambush you, has no problem exploiting all three of your party members' weaknesses so that they get a billion turns

same except more than just no weaknesses literally invincible, has an attack that hurts everyone on your team and heals him for 1/4 max hp and is 15 levels above you unless you've grinded for xp.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

madeupfred posted:

same except more than just no weaknesses literally invincible, has an attack that hurts everyone on your team and heals him for 1/4 max hp and is 15 levels above you unless you've grinded for xp.

Oh my, who is that sexy silver man. He's fab

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Golden Goat posted:

Oh my, who is that sexy silver man. He's fab

That's Baldur, but he's called Beldr in SMT for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the entire bel / baal family owns

That Jerk Steve posted:

I always loved this guy an his limit brake was fun

heh, that jerk, steve

• Locked thread