Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Two things strike me as eye-bulgingly ponderous:
- you have a $50k medical bill and seem disinterested in settling it
- you want to spend a bunch more money to get a degree that is quite frankly worthless

I have never had to deal with medical debt, but I have read the way to do it is to go in with a check for, let's say $5k, tell them that's all you have, and don't leave until they settle it for that much.

I know you don't want to hear it, but if you are going to spend the time, energy, and money on getting an undergraduate degree at a state school, you need to either: A) pick a major that is going to get you a job, or B) do something different like get an associate's degree in IT or whatever.

I would not put the Segal Ed money towards the $11k debt because the payments on that loan are probably, what, $100/mo? Presuming you get another job you should be able to afford that until you are in school and the loan goes on deferment again. So in other words, concentrate on settling that enormous medical debt and do something besides zoology. If you can use that Segal Ed money for whatever you want, try to use some of it to settle the medical debt would be my advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Starter Wiggin posted:

-What majors get jobs now is going to be different than what majors get jobs by the time I graduate. What magical thread-approved degree is 100% guaranteed to net me this three figure job it seems is the only useful way to go through school and life?

-My loan payments were $350/month.
Take literally 5 seconds and google for "highest paid bachelor's degrees". They are mostly engineering or computer related but branch out a bit as you go down. These fluctuate a bit year-to-year but not much.

Also HOLY poo poo who was that loan through, the mafia? What is the interest rate and loan term on that?

• Locked thread