Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
So I live in the quasi-middle-of-nowhere, but we do have a club. Since there's not many resources available, the club only has 1 really expert instructor and a couple former teammates from a nearby college (my wife was a former member of their college club as well). I have a very basic fencing knowledge and experience, but I'm itching to try again. They only offer up through an intermediate class, and after that it's pretty much just open non-competitive sport. My question is: will I get far too bored with this?

There's a very, very big club about 1.5 hours away from here (if we have our way in the next couple years, we'll move there anyway) that I could always visit every once and a while, but while I'm really interested in getting more experience (for fun and sport), I'm worried about getting bored with it. I'd like to establish this as a physical fitness activity for myself for personal development. I really need something that isn't running (it's loving cold here and treadmills are boring) or what I did before a bad work accident, which was judo (advised not to do that again).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Guess I may as well ask: anyone in the DC area been to Virginia Academy of Fencing in Springfield? It's 4 hours away for me, but it looks like a hell of a club and shop and I'm up there a lot.