Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Xiahou Dun posted:

Is sexual misconduct in the water like god drat Hep A?

pennsylvania, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Verisimilidude posted:

I have the konings, but they’re too large for my hands. Trying to sell them currently.
my hands are huge, what's the color/price/size

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
this is relevant to our interests

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
i bought an expensive sword but i only bought one

it's worth it when i see reenactors with less expensive swords break their swords, it's not worth it when i realize trying to have only one sword that fits with everything you need is a fool's errand

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Liquid Communism posted:

Oh, speaking of which, Castille Armory is doing a Cyber Monday sale. 10% off any of their production designs, including their very reasonable economy clamshell rapier/side ring dagger set.
they've gotten a lot better since i saw them a few years ago

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Uziel posted:

I do REALLY like how Castilles feel but I am not a fan of them aesthetically.
i used to hate the way they looked but the economy rapier is not bad. one sixth the price of mine. but what i really need right now is a one-handed complex-hilted sword with a short, wide, heavy blade

edit: there's a picture of me wearing my sword in the hema thread and yall can see it's not long at all for fencing class but it's pretty long for fighting in the middle of a scrum of pikemen

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 19, 2018

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

rio posted:

I didn’t know there was a separate hema thread, is it in this subforum and I just missed it or somewhere else?
yeah it's in a/t, evilmerlin posted it

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Hockey bags. If you really need space, hockey goalie bags
golf bags. i got a hardshell one for travel.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Siivola posted:

So wading in close
This happened a while ago in Australia (the world's Florida) and I was wondering if that would have been a decent strategy to fight a woman with a long axe: just get as close as I could to her under her reach.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-45053880

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Nektu posted:

Of course it is if your timing is right and/or you can close from an advantageous angle. However if you have nothing to bind your opponents weapon, you are betting everything on your timing.
beats getting hit with an ax, you may as well fight back

quote:

On the upside it never stops to amaze me how much the human body can take and still keep on living.
the hippie woman was only saved by her dredlocks

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
fyi

https://twitter.com/NSP_DogDivision/status/1086787042606891008

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Xiahou Dun posted:

It's taken me like 8 months but I finally have honest to gently caress sword calluses!

Lots of people in my club wear gloves to prevent blisters but some last tiny coal of Catholicism made me deal with the pain and now I can just swing a wire-wrapped sword nbd forever bare-handed. Hells yeah!

Also there's a separate HEMA thread? Where is that? Like give me a sub-forum and I can find it myself.

here in at

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Xiahou Dun posted:

Uh never mind. Is it fallen off the forum or am I blind/an idiot?
loving click this

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Nektu posted:

Are the fencers required to do the SWOOSH-SHWOOsh noises themselves?

Because they should be.

vvvvomp vvvvoOOOOOoomp vvvvRRRRREEEOOOMP

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
this thread trains for a day like this:

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/sheriff-mom-attacked-boyfriend-with-sword-after-finding-him-molesting-daughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

DandyLion posted:

I fleched at my opponent and his foil tip snapped somewhere in the blur of it all and when I was done I had scored a point and he had ~1" of his blade buried in my (inner) thigh. The worst part was the medics pulling my knickers down in front of god and everyone at the tourney.

Fleche hard or go home (I did both).
that kicks rear end