Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
This is like our police force in the UK hiring Bernard Manning to perform at their functions back in '96. I don't know who they get these days now that he's dead and since it came up in Parliament.

edit: oh my god

quote:

Recent events in Ferguson, and New York City, highlight the dangers Police Officers face every day. The “hands up don’t shoot” meme turned up everywhere – despite it being proved inaccurate, and false by eyewitnesses

quote:

The continued controversy is being fueled by the media, and race hustlers like Al Sharpton

quote:

How would they deal with a 300 pound man intent on taking their gun? Or trying to handcuff an uncooperative giant? Just speculating here, but if the outcome were different-say Mike Brown got Officer Wilson’s gun? Would he have been satisfied to shake hands, and call it a day, or tell the Officer he’d drop it by the station later? No, he was enraged and high, and made poor choices that day- which ruined many lives, least of which was his own.

quote:

The case of Eric Garner is a bit more interesting, in part because of the video shot during the incident... If he were being arrested for murder or rape, would there be a media frenzy? If it was such a b@!!&#!+ charge, take the pinch – it wasn’t his first – and let the judge throw it out or fine you. HE chose to resist, and again, it cost him dearly.
But what if the NYPD just let him go? Would the Officers then face the wrath of their supervisors, an irate City Councilor, Public Health Official? Don’t forget, this is the place that wanted to ban soft drinks! And Garner was selling – GASP... untaxed cigarettes! The loss of a life is a tragedy, and to be avoided at all costs, but in some cases this is how it ends.

On the jokes page along with the "Osama Ben Franklin" one.

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
This is nothing like what I was led to believe from Rizzoli & Isles, I thought they just fought serial killers and hung out in fancy coffee shops and talked funny. :(

It's even more blatant than our police, as far as I'm aware all the corruption and cooking up their statements about Mark Duggan, Azelle Rodney, Chris Alder, Jean-Charles de Menezes etc. etc. was done quietly and surreptitiously by suggesting things through dodgy links with the tabloid press rather than stating it openly in a cop publication. I think overall ours are more corrupt but they have more shame about it. Except for this guy: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-30710852

• Locked thread