Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

http://youtu.be/D3PQzLGXC5E

Yay. I actually really like listening to these.

It's interesting how many translators speak Russian, or at least enough Russian. I don't recognise anything Anastasia says other than Da and Nyet but maybe the other things are pretty common too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Blegh, Uzuki is like Haruka 2.0. Boring and the worst. I cannot bring myself to watch the last two episodes all the way through.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

Blegh, Uzuki is like Haruka 2.0. Boring and the worst.

Yeah, that comparison crossed my mind, pretty uninspiring few episodes.

Neat OP reference in the episode, at least -

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Needs less drama, needs more idol hijinks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is the drama ever about any of them kissing?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Is the drama ever about any of them kissing?

Not canonically.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Quick, sound the love alarm

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Good wrap-up final episode, if unsurprising. Now to begin the wait for the next im@s-based anime...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh man, I completely forgot this was still airing. Should probably finish it.

Did Uzuki turn out alright, or was she still The Blande-

Sonata Mused posted:

Blegh, Uzuki is like Haruka 2.0. Boring and the worst. I cannot bring myself to watch the last two episodes all the way through.

Oh.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, you'll struggle with 23-24 if you're not up for the Uzuki emotional crisis hour

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
I didn't really like how all the drama was basically caused by the Producer's lack of communication. Not telling Mio that it's a small event in S1, not really keeping Miku updated on his plans for her, "It's your smile" to Uzuki, etc.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Polsy posted:

Good wrap-up final episode, if unsurprising. Now to begin the wait for the next im@s-based anime...

It'll probably be either Million Live or some SoL spiin-off of Cinderella Girls. Probably another Puchim@s at some point too.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

It'll probably be either Million Live or some SoL spiin-off of Cinderella Girls. Probably another Puchim@s at some point too.

I would kill for a SoL CG anime. I've liked this show a lot more than the other couple idol shows I've seen (Love Live season 1 and the original Idolmaster).

Still got the last couple episodes to go, but I'm surprised Uzuki actually noticed she says "Let's / I'll do our / my best" a lot.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Show should have just been about the massive cast.

Sins Of Our Talent
Feb 13, 2012

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

^ lol

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, I could definitely see a SoL working. How's Puchimas doing for unused material now?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I ended up just skipping 23, and I feel like I didn't miss much.

All-in-all, the show was alright as a children's show I guess. It had a lot of characters to juggle and didn't really do a good job of making them feel like a cohesive family like the original show did, but it had the cast go their separate ways by the end so that worked out. I wasn't really a fan of how much they leaned on the drama, and I feel like they didn't even do as well as the last show did because most of it was focused on characters I legitimately did not give a poo poo about. It really didn't help in Rin's case that Rock Girl went through the exact same "I want to do more, but I don't want to just end my current partnership" problem but did it much better.

My one major complaint was the music. Not much in this show really struck me like the original did, and M@GIC was just lame compared to "We're Forever... Right?", let alone MUSIC♪. Though I will admit I laughed when Uzuki's final song was S(mile)ING because all of a sudden her entire character arc made sense. :v:

If I ever figure out how to get it to work, I'll probably try out Starlight Stage. Looks neat.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Yeah, aside from the theme songs, the only song that I actually enjoy a lot is Ranko's song. I still haven't watched the last episode though, because Uzuki bored me to death I'LL TRY MY BEST

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Ranko had the best song and is probably the best idol in the show, next to Kirari.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Polsy posted:

^ lol

Yeah, I could definitely see a SoL working. How's Puchimas doing for unused material now?

There's probably enough for a season I think, but CG has enough 4koma material for a spin-off

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

My one major complaint was the music. Not much in this show really struck me like the original did, and M@GIC was just lame compared to "We're Forever... Right?", let alone MUSIC♪. Though I will admit I laughed when Uzuki's final song was S(mile)ING because all of a sudden her entire character arc made sense. :v:

If I ever figure out how to get it to work, I'll probably try out Starlight Stage. Looks neat.

You should, I think I've discovered more CG songs I like through Starilght Stage than through watching the show.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kanako...

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
After 22, the most important thing I got coming away from it is Rin is the best friend. Like, goddamn.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I enjoyed the show, ended up liking it more than the 2011 anime.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I love that they're making episode 18 glassmaker guy-style glasses https://twitter.com/imas_anime/status/663656666148134912

Also enough advertising budget to cover a 200m Tokyo station passageway http://polsy.org.uk/play/nico/?vidid=sm27514818

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Puchimasu/Vol-007-Ch-084?id=254097

A day with a new Puchimas is a very good day.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

(https://twitter.com/Hands_Shibuya/status/668432301538197504)

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sylphid posted:

After 22, the most important thing I got coming away from it is Rin is the best friend. Like, goddamn.

I'm pretty pleased with the character development over the whole of Derem@s, I'd say.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

graybook posted:

I'm pretty pleased with the character development over the whole of Derem@s, I'd say.

Indeed. It was a much stronger aspect than I expected.

Finally finished this show. Final episode was a bit too typical for my tastes, but it was still solid and ended things on a positive note. I ended up watching this show mainly because I kinda enjoyed the first anime (although I strongly dislike assigning numbers to rate things, it would be about a 6-7 / 10 for me), and I was pleasantly surprised how much I ended up enjoying this in comparison. There's just about no aspect of this show I feel would compare negatively with the original series, and aesthetically blows it out of the water if you ask me. Although I would have liked to see more of the idols' daily lives, I felt the characters were much more believable in CG compared to the original.

Quite enjoyed this show, and if they made a slice of life CG anime I'd eat it up with a spoon.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It fit the story to do what they did, but if they hadn't spent any episodes/partial episodes on the non-Cinderella Project cast they would have had more time to go into backstories/home lives/etc. Though, I'd guess there's less existing canon content for that then regular im@s so they would have had to get more creative.

Also, the whole show in 5 minutes

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Not nearly enough GANBARIMASU.

Also wow, I must have missed episodes 17 and 18 or something because those came out of nowhere.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I too expected a rapid cut of "ganbarimasu!" over and over. Interspersed with other tics and antics.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

http://polsy.org.uk/play/nico/?vidid=sm27392305 this guy has you covered

I was hoping it was going to be a ganbarimasu counter and not an episode counter, but you can't have everything

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

The radio shows that went up after each episode kind of go over some back story stuff, and there are a bunch of omake radio bits that expand upon stuff that happens in the show.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

wtf why didn't i know of this thread until now

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Man, I just noticed that Ranko's outfit from the Granblue Fantasy thing,

shows up in episode 25:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

It's based off a pre-existing idol costume of hers.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Hey, she doesn't even have the staff in the animations, what a ripoff

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Argas posted:

It's based off a pre-existing idol costume of hers.

Ah, okay. I'm still not familiar enough then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Ah, okay. I'm still not familiar enough then.

To be fair you wouldn't be, unless you compulsively browse the cards, considering there's new ones every event. Though, pretty much everything in the anime was an existing card or became one as it aired.

• Locked thread