Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kleptobot posted:

Any reason why Celty seems really scared of the cop on the bike? I think it was mentioned last season but I can't remember.

He is a very good, very persistent, cop who is unafraid of her magical powers and relentlessly pursued her around town for like 6 hours at one point only because she didn't have tail lights. It is the best gag in the series. :allears:

Also, the OP and ED were both good and thus it was a good first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Was not expecting a Hotline Miami crossover in mah animes.

e:

the wildest rear end posted:

The new murderer is the guy from Hotline Miami.

:argh:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I really want to know where the hell that million yen went.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kleptobot posted:

Any reason why Celty seems really scared of the cop on the bike? I think it was mentioned last season but I can't remember.

It's probably because she's black.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

pandaK posted:

someon please give that guy the "yoda loving luke" avatar back please.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
New OP is not as good as the previous two, but I guess the ED is a step in the right direction.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Nate RFB posted:

New OP is not as good as the previous two, but I guess the ED is a step in the right direction.

I don't know, a big draw of S1's first ED for me was how everyone in the tower were hanging onto or balancing on top of each other. Half the time they don't even touch in S2's ED.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kleptobot posted:

I think she said she was scared of police in general, or at least traffic cops.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

celty being afraid of the police is just a silly gag. there's no deeper meaning or reason.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

celty being afraid of the police is just a silly gag. there's no deeper meaning or reason.

Is there meaning behind her fear of aliens?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Yup, that's what it is.

Where did you find that/did you make that/isn't Gahara-sama the greatest haremette of all time?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Where did you find that/did you make that/isn't Gahara-sama the greatest haremette of all time?

Some mystery person bought it for me/nope/maybe

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It weirded me out how much I enjoyed that. I liked Durarara well enough, but not so much that just seeing all the characters together again should make me smile the whole time. But yea, that owned, Saturdays are awesome now.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i'm very jealous of Shinra

but yeah, I don't even remember half of what durarara was about and that was still a really good opener.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Some mystery person bought it for me/nope/maybe

Sorry for the tangent, but if you find out who made it ask them how the hell they fit 48 frames of 74 x 150 into 100 KB

Episode 1 is off to a fine start.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AnacondaHL posted:

Sorry for the tangent, but if you find out who made it ask them how the hell they fit 48 frames of 74 x 150 into 100 KB

Episode 1 is off to a fine start.

It's a tiny picture size + it's comprised entirely of 6 colors.

What this forum needs is an upgrade to aPNG. Now that'd be great.

Outer Science
Dec 21, 2008

Daisangen

pandaK posted:

Dota-chin, you got poo poo tastes in light novels, man.

i will fight you, dota-chin's my mans for that one. good first ep, i forgot how top tier the voice cast is.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Cake Attack posted:

i'm very jealous of Shinra

I'm more jealous of his step-mom and her job at the moment :greencube:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

K. Flaps posted:

I'm more jealous of his step-mom and her job at the moment :greencube:
I haven't seen that smilie before. Do we have new ones recently added?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Grouchio posted:

I haven't seen that smilie before. Do we have new ones recently added?

No, greencube is a couple months old by now I think. It was added shortly after :greenangel: :smugmrgw:

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I'm most of the way through the first season currently, and I'm enjoying it a lot! Glad to hear there's a new season and can't wait to catch up and watch the new ones.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I felt like this episode was a decent re-introduction to the characters themselves. Otherwise, not a lot happened. Interesting to see the otaku listing out recent anime as they chatted. Celty being afraid of that one cop is a terrific gag. Would've been better if the police saw through her obvious ruse with the hang-glider.

Rothgil
May 12, 2008
I gotta wonder if the cop showing up near the tv crew was another "totally unstated" event or a pure coincidence.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Dan7el posted:

Interesting to see the otaku listing out recent anime as they chatted.
lol, that was just one giant plug for LNs published by the same company that publishes the Durarara novels.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Nobody noticed they also had Samurai Flamenco playing on one of the screens at one point?

Good to see they're keeping up what the first season did.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Currently watching the first season, and just wanted to say

You bet it loving is.

And now I'm out until I finish the first season.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

lol, that was just one giant plug for LNs published by the same company that publishes the Durarara novels.

Wasn't the Van Gang as a whole also named after LN writers or something?

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

pandaK posted:

Gonna start this thread off with the unpopular opinion that S1's first OP was poo poo, and I hope we don't end up with another boring first OP this season.

the first op was the best and the worst since anything after that was so bad i didn't watch it

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Okay just finished season 1 and watched the new episode and the new one is pretty much just more of that but with new characters, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

I hope this new season has lots of Shizuo wrecking poo poo and also the gas-mask doctor trolling even harder.

Also S1's first op was the best and this new one is lame, even compared to S1's second op.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davinci posted:

Also S1's first op was the best and this new one is lame, even compared to S1's second op.

Finally, someone agrees with me.

The first season op track is one of my favorite things ever.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ViggyNash posted:

Finally, someone agrees with me.

The first season op track is one of my favorite things ever.

I agree with you too.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

pandaK posted:

in japan the cops are afraid of black people actually

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pan Ache posted:

in japan the cops are afraid of black people actually
Even black clad suits? I really want to see that smug police officer decked across the street.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Even black clad suits? I really want to see that smug police officer decked across the street.

Why are you mad at him? She was driving without lights, it is illegal.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Let's be honest here, a bike-shaped shadow-monster driving around late at night is a three-lane pileup waiting to happen.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Horses are also not allowed to be ridden on the road. Celty was breaking like 3 laws at the time and really should have just gone quietly.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Celty needs a loving break, free to ride through the city whenever.

linall
Feb 1, 2007
I think I like the animation of this season's OP the most?
That is slick as gently caress. The song isn't better than s1's first OP song, but it's better than the second OP for sure. The real problem is that they've been aping Baccano's all along and still haven't done better than that first attempt. If they want to avoid the fast and frenetic type of song that made the Baccano OP so much fun, they should really go all the way back to the source. A season two opener would've been the perfect time to get a vocal-less track and let the character interactions carry the OP.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

linall posted:

I think I like the animation of this season's OP the most?

That is slick as gently caress. The song isn't better than s1's first OP song, but it's better than the second OP for sure. The real problem is that they've been aping Baccano's all along and still haven't done better than that first attempt. If they want to avoid the fast and frenetic type of song that made the Baccano OP so much fun, they should really go all the way back to the source. A season two opener would've been the perfect time to get a vocal-less track and let the character interactions carry the OP.

The moral of this post is that the world needs more Baccano.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

linall
Feb 1, 2007

ViggyNash posted:

The moral of this post is that the world needs more Baccano.

I would argue that is the moral of every post in the ADTRW.

e: Or at least every post in this thread.

• Locked thread