Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

No Wave posted:

It's remarkable how much The Master burned PT Anderson's reputation - remember how last time his new movie was supposed to be the greatest poo poo ever?

The Master was really well received and reviewed so I'm not sure what you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How can someone not like Joaquin's face? If it's the harelip, he really can't help it.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Everything with Brolin was pretty great. He was just perfect for that role.

I really liked the movie. I haven't read the book, I actually got it as a gift right when it came out and just never got around to it. Then when I heard it was getting adapted in to a PTA movie I decided to wait and watch it on its own merits.

Looking forward to reading it now, feel like a second pass at the material will be worth it.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bip Roberts posted:

The thing about that whole scene is it raised the possibility that the whole nature of the Bigfoot character was more or less a figment of Doc's creation. I wasn't sure if Bigfoot was a mentally ill cop on leave and manifested himself ala Tyler Durden to Doc. That last scene with Bigfoot didn't help our trust in the validity of the narrator.

I'm not sure I understand your interpretation. Wouldn't this mean Sauncho was imaginary as well? He interacts with Bigfoot early in the film.

• Locked thread