Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I have never been more disappointed by a movie in my entire life.

I first heard about this film maybe eight months ago and have been eagerly anticipating it since; checking fandago for the first possible showtimes, looking at posters, reading news, etc. Then finally I get a ticket. I go by myself because I just want to focus on what I think will be my new favorite movie. As for Pynchon, I've read Crying of Lot 49, Gravity's Rainbow, Mason & Dixon, and of course, Inherent Vice. And PTA is my favorite director.

This movie sucked. I am so bummed. The pacing SUCKED, the scenes were flat. It looked like almost everything was a first take. The awkward pauses weren't funny, they were just awkward.

Because this film meant so much to me as it was being developed, I'm going to watch it again after reading some really in-depth reviews. But the entire second half I just wanted to leave because I was so miserably disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Despite hating this movie, I'm a massive PTA and Pynchon fan and I'm eager to give it another watch on DVD to see if I like it the second time around, especially after having read this excellent thread.

• Locked thread