Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I read the book a few months back, and was kind of expecting something a little more screwball. Like someone else pointed out, I don't think that the static camera helped things — it works great in The Master, where you can focus on the performances, but it deflates some of the better jokes here.

I also wished they'd thrown in some of the surf rock Pynchon describes at length, but I've been listening to Vitamin C non-stop since last night so I guess I can't complain.

On the whole I dug it, though, and want to catch it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Double-post, but any thoughts on the ending?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

morestuff posted:

I read the book a few months back, and was kind of expecting something a little more screwball. Like someone else pointed out, I don't think that the static camera helped things — it works great in The Master, where you can focus on the performances, but it deflates some of the better jokes here.

I also wished they'd thrown in some of the surf rock Pynchon describes at length, but I've been listening to Vitamin C non-stop since last night so I guess I can't complain.

On the whole I dug it, though, and want to catch it again.

It's better on the second watch.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Even the establishing shot of the whole setting is just a hint of the beach cramped in-between some bungalows.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

I loved Godard's early stuff when it was mostly car chases.

• Locked thread