Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
I liked this quite a bit. Definitely on the lower end of PTA movies for me at this point but that means still great. I was focused so much on keeping at least a light grasp on the plot that I think I'll get a lot out of a rewatch. The final Brolin scene was just loving fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

This totally got me pumped to read the book, or some other Pynchon, because my absolute favorite parts of the script were the narration which I'm guessing is ripped right out of Pynchon's prose.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Inherent Vice is not really like American Hustle at all besides having something to say about (70's) America. And great costumes.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

I think my favorite/the funniest part of this movie might be during the scene where Bigfoot eats Doc's weed, a single tear rolls down his cheek as he watches.

Yeah I couldn't really decide if that was a profound sense of sympathy for Bigfoot and his emotionally crippling need for power or if he was just sad his weed got ate up.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

It seemed to me like the wordless equivalent of Daniel Plainview's last monologue to Eli.

• Locked thread