Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

TrixRabbi posted:

I don't know that it's less accessible than The Master. The Master is very off-putting, odd, and unsettling from the get-go. Inherent Vice eventually becomes that, but it's also very funny for much of it's run-time and plays off of classic detective tropes. Phoenix plays Doc as very "Dude-like" but it'd probably double-feature better with The Long Goodbye than it would The Big Lebowski.

How much like The Long Goodbye is Inherent Vice? I watched TLG for the first time a month or two ago, and found the whole thing pretty insufferable once Marlowe's cat left the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

I remember hearing a story about some classic noir film where the filmmakers suddenly realized they had no idea who killed a certain character or why. So they called the author of the book the film was based on and asked him and he said he had no idea.

That was the Bogart version of The Big Sleep, wasn't it?

• Locked thread