Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

second-hand smegma posted:

The other scene that made me really uncomfortable was the telephone conversation with Bigfoot's utterly dominating wife, which I initially laughed at and then slowly became freaked out because I know people like that.

The thing about that whole scene is it raised the possibility that the whole nature of the Bigfoot character was more or less a figment of Doc's creation. I wasn't sure if Bigfoot was a mentally ill cop on leave and manifested himself ala Tyler Durden to Doc. That last scene with Bigfoot didn't help our trust in the validity of the narrator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Well at the very least we are dealing with a well-less-than-reliable narrator here and the perception of Bigfoot as the living embodiment of Joe Friday might be a total creation. The fact that Bigfoot is a broken alcoholic at home, is on the outs with his lieutenant, is on a revenge kick for the murder of his partner make it seems that much of the Bigfoot character might be a projection of Doc.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Trollipop posted:

I really liked this movie. Is acid noir a genre? Because it should be now if it isn't. The plot was hard to follow but it didnt matter. Watching this movie was like being on drugs.

We got Southland Tales, A Scanner Darkly, Repo Man what other moves are about incoherence from drugs and never really develop a cogent plot?

• Locked thread