Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cammy14
Apr 5, 2011
I'm in the camp that the woman was lying about the baby not being her husband's, judging from the flashback of the pregnancy test. She was radiant and happy, and I don't think an illegitimate child would bring out that same reaction.

I thought the guy checking the phone on the bed was her husband though, I interpreted that scene as him waiting for her to fall asleep before checking for mails/messages on the woman's phone for signs of an affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cammy14
Apr 5, 2011
While I don't think Misaki really deserved being voided, she's definitely the worse of the two just because her abusive behavior must have hurt quite a few people over the years. I imagine the misgivings most people have toward the verdict is that she looked like she have the capability to change into a better person given the chance.

I do think Misaki actually loved her children. I don't think we ever saw her beating any of them, and the implication is that each of the five was from a different man, and she kept them all (instead of giving them away to be raised by another). I assume the disgusted look of the children was because of her self-absorbedness and willingness to exploit them for fame, but I get the feeling she only wanted to provide the best for them, and that requires money.

I like the dichotomy of this episode: On one side, a woman who never knew love; On the other, a guy who rejected love (and broke down when he realized a mother would ram someone's head through an arcade monitor if it gets her back to kids that don't even like her)

Another thing I liked: Misaki's final look of defiance as the elevator door closes.

cammy14
Apr 5, 2011
I'm really liking where this is going. Mysterious characters mixed with morality plays are the best.

Also this is probably me, but I feel the show has been very good with the narrative voice it's using. In Episode 1, we see events as an outsider not knowing anything, episode 2 is from Nona's PoV, episode 3 was from the contestants' PoV, episode 4 was Black Hair's (despite the spotlight mostly being on the guests), and this one feels like a Decim PoV. Up next, Ginti.

Also between Oculus' lotus motif and the Spider Thread story the show just loudly declared their Buddhist point of view of the afterlife, for what it's worth.

• Locked thread