Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Shiver me Duckies

It's good to have swag, Captain Scallywag thought as he turned away from the buxom readhead that lay to his right, reached over the buxom blonde and fished for the swaying box of cigars on the nightstand. Empty jars of rum fell off to both sides, clattering across the floor, rolling back and forth, back and --

Wait, "swaying"?

The door to the Captain's cabin burst open and Captain Scallywag stomped outside, infusing the salty air with a manly odor of rum, sweat and adventure. First Mate Snooters, who'd always had the annoying habit of inadvertedly walking up on you from behind, screamed a surprise greeting in Scallywag's ear and raised his hand to a salute.

Captain Scallywag swatted it aside. "We're pirates, dipshit," he said.

"S-s-sorry, Captain," Snooters said.

"Why are we out at sea?"

"You gave order to s-s-sail, Captain."

"I did no--" Scallywag held in. Actually, the last few days were kind of a haze. "Uhh... yes, of course. Good on you, doing the thing I said you should do!"

There was a commotion starboard. Sailors had lined up along the reel, hooting and cheering at something out at sea.

"What's all this?" Scallywag roared. He pushed his men aside and froze in place.

Ducks. Feathery little agents of doom, twitching their razor-sharp bills left and right, fluttering their wings, ready to take off and pinch any foolish Captains that woul obstruct their nebulous agenda. Ducks. Why did it have to be ducks?

"We're getting close to Duck Island, sir," one sailor said.

"Turn around!" Captain Scallywag totally didn't screech like a frightened schoolgirl.

"But Captain, the treasure!"

"Treasure?"

"You said there was treasure to be found on Duck Island," another sailor said.

A third sailor stepped up. "There will be treasure, won't there, Captain?"

They looked at him with childlike anticipation. Captain Scallywag couldn't disappoint his men. Not if he didn't want to risk a sharp increase in fatal "accidents" amongst the ship's management staff.

"Straight ahead to Duck Island!" he said. May God have mercy on our souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
I'm keeping this short because you're all going to disappoint me anyways (but I love you for trying). The new deadline is Saturday, 17.01.15, 23.59 CET, at which point I will pick one lucky entrant to free me from this throne of fools and reside over the noble guild of duck piracy storytellers in my stead.

godspeed you horrible little monsters

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
Look at all the reading I have to do.

Juanito I am oddly charmed by the way your narration slowly descends into madness and lethargy to a point where things just start looking "like turds". The prose doesn't justify so many words for "He drew a crude map" but then I really like where your entry leaves off. So you take the plot in a direction that gels with me, but it's very wordy and not a strong piece on its own.

Maugrim on the opposite, your piece is super clean and I really like both Vivien and the idea of having a ducky antagonist called "Captain Blackbeak". But I wanted a zany story about a duck-phobic pirate captain so I'm not sure how I feel about the sudden shift to a literal Ocean's Eleven remake starring: Johnny Depp.

I almost want to split plots here but that would be lame, like those children contests where everyone wins. gently caress that. Maugrim gets it because I really want to see Captain Blackbeak. But I'm giving five of his points to Juanito, who actually followed his orders.

Maugrim +45
Juanito +5

• Locked thread