Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I feel like Samus would have one of those in her ship.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

It turns out I won't be able to play this until this weekend but I'm looking forward to your trip report gamer.

drat, RIP. Well I've got my big beer now and the game is at 92% :cheers:

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought it since I never played 2 or 3. I don't have a wii U yet though

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hope everyone downloaded the save from gamefaqs with all the Friend tokens already earned so they can get all the bonus content :cool:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

About to launch the game for the first time - very excited, but, I discovered a shocking detail just now wrt the Wii games on the Wii U shop: they do not appear to have Miiverse Communities. This is supremely hosed up.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
super metroid doesn't have anything like "perfect" level design though, it's sprawling as hell and easy to get lost. I think that is only something a speed runner or anyone with the map memorized would say because oh you can fight the bosses backwards :shrug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

stfu Ralp.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just started MP1. Let the good feels roll.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hope everyone downloaded the save from gamefaqs with all the Friend tokens already earned so they can get all the bonus content :cool:

can i get a link to this?

i just want to start the games on hard mode and not bother with normal

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960329-metroid-prime-trilogy/saves

First one is the friend tokens, I think the third one is everything unlocked if that's what you're down for.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960329-metroid-prime-trilogy/saves

First one is the friend tokens, I think the third one is everything unlocked if that's what you're down for.

ill just get the 100% one since hunting scans isn't too fun for me either

guess i need to buy an sd card

e: or just an sd reader gently caress

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 30, 2015

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'm waiting until February to download it because my silly internet has a data cap of 200GB a month, 8GB sure is pretty monster for a Wii game

I heard the disc when played on the Wii would suffer some load problems due to the dual layer thing, does digital download have the same "problem"?

Also are the games upscaled or not?

glowstick party tonight fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 30, 2015

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
uggghhh finish downloading

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i actually have the trilogy disc but im not gonna pass up this chance to show nintendo i care about metroid with my wallet

also swapping discs is loving lame

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
sucks that the trilogy versions have a lot of the sequence breaking patched out. fighting thardus with plasma beam and power bombs was awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sequence breaking is fun and important, but, it's also good to be able to play the primes with the best control scheme to ever grace consoles, and still have enormous fun.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Sequence breaking is fun and important, but, it's also good to be able to play the primes with the best control scheme to ever grace consoles, and still have enormous fun.

Yeah, agreed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

About to face Flaagra. I have been playing other games (Saints Row 4, Yoshi's Island, Persona Q) but now that this is out, I'm going to spend all of my free time 100% all these games for like the third or fourth time because I love them so much. If you have a wii u and don't buy this you're missing out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat...if you're in morph ball form when Flaagrha topples to the ground, the shock of the impact makes you bounce up. This game is flawless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beat Flaaghra. T-minus half an hour to Phendrana, the best music of all time.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ralp posted:

super metroid doesn't have anything like "perfect" level design though, it's sprawling as hell and easy to get lost. I think that is only something a speed runner or anyone with the map memorized would say because oh you can fight the bosses backwards :shrug:

yeah okay ralp

Dec 26, 2012

Ralp posted:

idk how you can get lost if you can like

read a map at all

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's smooth sailing til maridia

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You are now cleared to access Phendrana Drifts North

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i do remember magmoor caverns being pretty lame. it was just a transition between the cooler areas of the game

Dec 26, 2012

i liked the lava place but it was annoying to backtrack through because neither of the ways to get through were fast

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

i do remember magmoor caverns being pretty lame. it was just a transition between the cooler areas of the game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Magmoor caverns is cool because of ththe lava worms, the good music, and all the huge vertical rooms

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Magmoor caverns is cool because of ththe lava worms, the good music, and all the huge vertical rooms

the lava worms are called Magmoors

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1:18, 21% and just acquired the wave beam. Looking forward to playing all of these games for a week.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like how the wave beam overall dealt less damage than the power beam in trade for stuns and you think "oh so it's gonna be a trade-off" then you get the ice beam and if it doesn't one-shot something it gets frozen and setup for a shatter.

and then the plasma beam :stare:

e: i just remembered right after you get the plasma beam the game throws some jetpack troopers at you and of course your first instinct is to test your newest baby and it loving VAPORIZES them lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk which is more badass: vaporizing space pirates or freezing a flying pirates jetpack so they crash into the ground and explode

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

got pretty far today already but now I'm right before the slog where you have to get the gravity suit and I remember it as the worst part of the game so I'm gonna call it quits for tonight.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Ralp posted:

it's smooth sailing til maridia

this is the only part of the game that anyone can rightfully be confused by

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
on your first time through maridia can be rough but it's not so bad on repeat playthroughs. my major problem with it is all the one-way paths.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
my first time through maridia was without the gravity suit and then i got stuck and had to find the wrecked ship by asking a friend

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

my first time through maridia was without the gravity suit and then i got stuck and had to find the wrecked ship by asking a friend

yeah you gotta take a left turn at albuquerque. fucks everybody up.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
maridia would probably make people snap when they do that if it weren't for the music being so good and soothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

just came here to post the super famicom box art because it's sick as hell.

• Locked thread