Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i got a used copy of prime trilogy in metal case for like 50 bucks before they really started to climb, and i am thankful for it every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

pay a lot

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I just want to add that MP3 levers and switches were super cool.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i got a used copy of prime trilogy in metal case for like 50 bucks before they really started to climb, and i am thankful for it every day

lucky gently caress

im glad i even have this disc since even a used copy these days is like 70+

you cant put a price on being able to replay MP1 and 2 whenever i want with glorious wii controls tho

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Such Thing posted:

I just want to add that MP3 levers and switches were super cool.

gently caress yes ripping doors with the nun chuck good god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I paid 50 dollars for this, 6 years ago when it came out. I'm saving it until it's worth like 200

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

super metroid is still one of the best looking games

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Only prolly with the prime trilogy is that prime 1 and 2's particle effects look better on game cube. Don't ask me how the gently caress that happened just keep playing metroid prime cause it's loving powerful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Metroid is so much loving Win.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Oh my god so much

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

do you think there should be a metroid movie>

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anime Curator posted:

There was, it was the Metroid Other M Cinematic Mode and it was loving awful

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Acquire Currency! posted:

Only prolly with the prime trilogy is that prime 1 and 2's particle effects look better on game cube. Don't ask me how the gently caress that happened just keep playing metroid prime cause it's loving powerful

the issue is with metroid prime 2, some of the charge beam effects are hosed up. the water distortion effects in MP1 were also removed, since in the port all 3 games are running on the Mp3 engine and mp3's water physics are more complex (it was all fuel gel and poo poo) and caused all sorts of performance issues.

but, there's neon bloom in all the right places for MP1 and both games run/load a lot better so whatevs. i just wish mp2 also got the bloom treatment

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anime Curator posted:

it was called other m

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Looking back it is actually pretty funny that there were people that thought Metroid: Other M wasn't going to be complete garbage. Like, Metroid Prime is one of the best games ever made and a perfect representation of what a Metroid game was supposed to be, so obviously Sakamoto was publicly spiteful of it's success and determined to make something that was different than that.

If the next console Metroid isn't a first person adventure game like Prime then I will be very upset.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was kind of a neat idea. It wasn't just a theare mode where you could watch cutscenes, all the scenes were edited to be shorter or make more sense and they dummied up gameplay for transition scenes. Too bad Other M was a big steaming pile of diarrhea from a buffalo's rear end. I would kill for something liek that in a metal gear game, perfectly edited gameplay with directorial intent.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beat but check this poo poo out

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

It was kind of a neat idea. It wasn't just a theare mode where you could watch cutscenes, all the scenes were edited to be shorter or make more sense and they dummied up gameplay for transition scenes. Too bad Other M was a big steaming pile of diarrhea from a buffalo's rear end. I would kill for something liek that in a metal gear game, perfectly edited gameplay with directorial intent.

yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The metroid game should be 2d on the wii u...it woudl look so good and would have miiverse support...it would be sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The metroid game should be 2d on the wii u...it woudl look so good and would have miiverse support...it would be sick

but..a metroid prime style game that looks like crysis..i want it..

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That over the shoulder peace sign Samus throws at the end of prime 2 is savage. Like 'nah cricket bros it wasn't a goddamn problem for me to save the planet'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

but..a metroid prime style game that looks like crysis..i want it..

Prime 1 still looks fantastic, and its because of the area aesthetics and the monster designs. Super metroid still looks great. I dont want something with insane graphics, I just want something. Anything!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TFW its been a decade since the last good Metroid game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Prime 1 still looks fantastic, and its because of the area aesthetics and the monster designs. Super metroid still looks great. I dont want something with insane graphics, I just want something. Anything!

they're working on a 3D one for the wiiu and a 2D one for the 3ds. it has already been written. we will probably find out more about it this year's E3.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

they're working on a 3D one for the wiiu and a 2D one for the 3ds. it has already been written. we will probably find out more about it this year's E3.

yeah yeah I'll believe it when I see it bud

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

whoa

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Z2SBJUa88

Get a DK2, play Metroid Prime 1+2 for a while, throw up from nausea, continue playing.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Anime Curator posted:

yeah yeah I'll believe it when I see it bud

quote:

Takahashi then shared some tantalizing information: "So it has been a while since we released the last one and we're having discussions internally about what we can do next. So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we'll be able to share something about them."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

What.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Prime becomes even more ownage when you find out the crazy time constraints Retro was handed. Like on of the primes was completed a few weeks before the print date

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
return of samus is my favorite metroid because I think it's the scariest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Retro Studios is an incredibly powerful development team.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Quirk posted:

it's the soundtrack that does it. mostly just ambient noises.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah their dk game is great

Quirk posted:

for me it was the pirate introduction in prime 1 and the chozo ghosts. RoS is probably the least played one but it's still good. Get it for your 3ds!

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
metroid fusion also had an incredibly creepy soundtrack.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

I don't think they're capable of doing a bad job, Nintendo should hand them anything they want to be guaranteed amazing

So they should keep handing them Metroid because it's my favorite

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No joke I loving jam to this

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

TFW its been a decade since the last good Metroid game.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I saw it at a pawn place a few weeks ago for $25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemming posted:

I don't think they're capable of doing a bad job, Nintendo should hand them anything they want to be guaranteed amazing

So they should keep handing them Metroid because it's my favorite

Retro Studios + F-Zero Reboot = Impalpable Win

• Locked thread