Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.

stemage the metroid metal guy did guitar for some music I abandoned if you like his guitar: http://tindeck.com/listen/2py6g

to make this post relevant here is the metroid theme I made out of pitchshifter and nine inch nails samples http://tindeck.com/listen/1ai30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also while fusion and 2 have creepy moments I think the audio log from the derelict federation ship in prime 3 is a top tier metroid moment. Where the aurora unit is corrupted by phaze is crazy.
Prime 3's theme is great too

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I liked Metroid Prime: Hunters

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quirk posted:

stemage the metroid metal guy did guitar for some music I abandoned if you like his guitar: http://tindeck.com/listen/2py6g

to make this post relevant here is the metroid theme I made out of pitchshifter and nine inch nails samples http://tindeck.com/listen/1ai30

Lemming posted:

Some good posters in this thread

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemming posted:

i tried to but gently caress that thumb strap bar they wanted you to play mario 64 ds and that game with.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Super and Prime 2 are my favorites.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

i tried to but gently caress that thumb strap bar they wanted you to play mario 64 ds and that game with.

You aren't a true gamer unless you still have your thumb strap that came with the original DS, as well as your demo copy of Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lemming posted:

You aren't a true gamer unless you still have your thumb strap that came with the original DS, as well as your demo copy of Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt

I saw a copy of First Hunt at gamestop for 40 dollars. I still have mine.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you haven't played prime pinball wtf are you doing

Maridia and Escape

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
metroid 2 was always scariest because youd be running down a quiet hallway and bam metroid out of nowhere. to make it worse you started hating finding them because they just got meaner. And gently caress that sound when you pass the egg in the final section I almost pissed myself under the blanket past bedtime with the oversized Nuby lightboy add on thing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quirk posted:

metroid 2 was always scariest because youd be running down a quiet hallway and bam metroid out of nowhere. to make it worse you started hating finding them because they just got meaner. And gently caress that sound when you pass the egg in the final section I almost pissed myself under the blanket past bedtime with the oversized Nuby lightboy add on thing

The Queen is a hard fight too

Prime 1 menu musix

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Other M is my favorite Metroid game now.

tails butthole guy is going to kill himself in 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexters Secret posted:

He's close as gently caress to a breakdown in that confessions thread

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Acquire Currency! posted:

He's close as gently caress to a breakdown in that confessions thread

lmao

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Lemming posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Z2SBJUa88

Get a DK2, play Metroid Prime 1+2 for a while, throw up from nausea, continue playing.

Ok, I played for a while and feel sick now, time to take a break.

Seriously if you are a rich piece of poo poo with a good computer get a DK2 and play Metroid Prime in VR. It's sweet as gently caress. The helmet tracks with your face and everything. The detail throughout the entire game, even in places where people would normally not really spend any time looking, is loving amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

Good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

once again

quote:

Takahashi then shared some tantalizing information: "So it has been a while since we released the last one and we're having discussions internally about what we can do next. So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we'll be able to share something about them."

they're confirmed to be in the works. when we'll see gameplay of them and stuff is totally up in the air but it will probably be this e3

they've also commented in the past that retro is #1 as far as any future with metroid goes so it's probably their next big game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

prime 3 is great and has amazing moments. i just wish you were left the gently caress alone

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lemming posted:

Ok, I played for a while and feel sick now, time to take a break.

Seriously if you are a rich piece of poo poo with a good computer get a DK2 and play Metroid Prime in VR. It's sweet as gently caress. The helmet tracks with your face and everything. The detail throughout the entire game, even in places where people would normally not really spend any time looking, is loving amazing.

prime 1 (I'm really sure) actually has a working reflective surface in a room on one of the early areas. You go up to it and it reflects Samus. It's crazy. Also the water effects and being able to see Samus' face on close up charge shots are essentially techno wizardry on the GameCube.

Bobnumerotres posted:

once again

they're confirmed to be in the works. when we'll see gameplay of them and stuff is totally up in the air but it will probably be this e3

they've also commented in the past that retro is #1 as far as any future with metroid goes so it's probably their next big game

If retro announced they were making a new metroid is poo poo my pants on the spot

Bobnumerotres posted:

prime 3 is great and has amazing moments. i just wish you were left the gently caress alone

If there's one thing Retro did well it was giving Samus humanity without having her speak a word. The biggest example is of course what she does after watching the marine's recording. But another cool thing was at the start of 3 where you're on the ship and the grunt soldiers are all "Holy poo poo dude there's Samus Aran".

frank.club fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 10, 2015

glam bam rock
Jun 2, 2009

aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww
WHAM BAM THANK YA GLAM

metroid fuckin owns. I am v happy I got the metal prime trilogy when it came out, i played the gently caress out of it. stoked for another 2d metroid. especially since konami laid metroidvania to rest. just make games where you collect poo poo that lets you do cool things and explore poo poo and kill cool rear end boss monsters and im there. stay safe axiom verge

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Dexters Secret posted:

sorry but if it annoys even one of you limp dicked fucks, i'm going to be kicking for a good while to come

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

sorry but if it annoys even one of you limp dicked fucks, i'm going to be kicking for a good while to come

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Voted 5

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i got a used copy of prime trilogy in metal case for like 50 bucks before they really started to climb, and i am thankful for it every day
i got a new copy of that on ebay for $65. i forgot what the average price of that was back then but i know i paid much less than i should have

prime 3 is good and has good music and it's a shame that there were no prime 3 tracks in Smash Wii U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SySV9xBU6M

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

metroid is life

I've had my fill of it but still wouldn't mind more

played every one save Hunters and Other M

did a janky 4000 post game on the forums

bought the special 3-in-1 Wii metal case version for my brother for his birthday

since he's a lazy dumb poo poo he has since ruined the case and does not take care of the disc

oh well

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i jumped in and out of the water in prime 1 like ten times to watch the water run down the visor when i first played it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

i jumped in and out of the water in prime 1 like ten times to watch the water run down the visor when i first played it

when you first arrive on tallon IV and the rain bounces off your suit and leaves droplets on your visor :worship:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

They jumped the shark with Buttsuit Samus.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

i feel like it was almost petty revenge with how they just gradually sexed out samus to the point of latex suits and space heels

i mean i am under no delusion she hasnt always been sexed out since met 1 but i still get creep shivers over them jacking it up from just a flash of cheese at the end to making her swank around in the skinsuit and heels nevermind the bizarre bdsm thing that was other m

Retro make a bounty hunt Metroid pls, gently caress whatshisname's inferiority complex

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i think Nintendo officially said that the Retro games are the better 3D game format, so Sakamoto probably won't have a say in the franchise from here on out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

i think Nintendo officially said that the Retro games are the better 3D game format, so Sakamoto probably won't have a say in the franchise from here on out

sakamoto got "promoted" away into a different office where he's in charge of nothing so yeah lmao

reading the interviews with team ninja where they politely said he's a controlling, anal-retentive maniac that actually has no idea what he's doing and constantly threatened to shut the project down if things weren't done his way was pretty enlightening

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 10, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

sakamoto got "promoted" away into a different office where he's in charge of nothing so yeah lmao
so he's getting the same treatment that Inafune got at capcom? good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
metroid is my baby

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Metroid is nintendo's best franchise. Here's my list:

Super > Prime > Zero Mission > Fusion > Metroid > Prime 3 > Prime 2 > Metroid II >>>>>> Other M

This is a super good list and I wouldn't really change anything on it, maybe bump prime 3 up.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Powercrazy posted:

This is a super good list and I wouldn't really change anything on it, maybe bump prime 3 up.

yeah it's a superb ranking but I'd adjust it just a bit to this for me

Super > Prime > Zero Mission > Fusion > Prime 3 > Prime 2 > Metroid > Metroid II

what's other m I don't recognize that name or the sovereignty of its state

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i just remembered when i got the ice spreader i ran around firing it on things because drat that thing was cool too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

i just remembered when i got the ice spreader i ran around firing it on things because drat that thing was cool too

The missile combos are all rad. I love the wave buster

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
the super missile felt really nice to shoot

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Gonna have to say...

Super > Prime > Prime 2 > Fusion > Zero Mission > Prime 3 > Metroid > Metroid 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Putting Metroid 1 or Fusion over either of the first 2 primes is insane to me.

• Locked thread