Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what one??
atom
brackets
sublime text
i am l33t and use nano, op
other
View Results

• Locked thread
rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
vim is for editing things when you're sshed in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i use sublime its good. i havent tried to customize it though, looks far too daunting

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

rotor posted:

true true bitch true true

rotor posted:

if youre writing java, python, ruby, javascript or (lol) php and not using Idea, lmbo @ u

and scala
and clojure using cursive
and i assume clion will eventually become the bestest c and c++ ide
haskell has some alright support, but could be better
umm never used the erlang plugin for intellij, so maybe its poo poo? i dunno

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i use atom at work and i hate it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
how can something be 'powered' by laravel and node.js at the same time ... ??

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Kirk posted:

have you considered not using it?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I actually paid for one jetbrains product before it went to a ~community edition~ but since I was ssh'ing in to a nix box from windows it seemed useless at the time or maybe i'm not that smart. I just ended up using putty + tmux :toot:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kirk posted:

up and at them lmbo

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
vim is a piece of poo poo but it's the piece of poo poo that I got used to

I can't abandon ship now

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Symbolic Butt posted:

vim is a piece of poo poo but it's the piece of poo poo that I got used to

I can't abandon ship now

this. once you've fully modded out your vimrc it's hard to abandon it

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

pram posted:

how can something be 'powered' by laravel and node.js at the same time ... ??

i guess you could have laravel consume JSON from node?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
intellij is good, i'll admit it

there's nothing stopping emacs from being that good but it doesn't appear to be something anyone wants to put a ton of time into

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

horse mans posted:

there's nothing stopping emacs from being that good but it doesn't appear to be something anyone wants to put a ton of time into

i cant imagine why that is

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

rotor posted:

i cant imagine why that is

it's cultural; the people most willing to use emacs are the same people least willing to write java

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

horse mans posted:

it's cultural; the people most willing to use emacs are the same people least willing to write java

java is not the reason why intellij is good

see: eclipse

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

did we solve this yet itt

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

It would be cool and good if Idea eventually added support for C#, assuming that MS doesn't just buy out Xamarin and make a VS for OS X. I used it for when I was writing Scala and it was pretty good. Idea, that is, not Scala.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
vim is good

pram
Jun 10, 2001

triple sulk posted:

It would be cool and good if Idea eventually added support for C#, assuming that MS doesn't just buy out Xamarin and make a VS for OS X. I used it for when I was writing Scala and it was pretty good. Idea, that is, not Scala.

maybe try using a ms ide you loving moron

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

triple sulk posted:

It would be cool and good if Idea eventually added support for C#, assuming that MS doesn't just buy out Xamarin and make a VS for OS X

Gotta figure it's on the way.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

horse mans posted:

It's monetary. The effort and type of work to make a product as polished as Intellij is impossible to get out of a volunteer community.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor posted:

It's monetary. The effort and type of work to make a product as polished as Intellij is impossible to get out of a volunteer community.

Yep. Just look at Linux. Awful.

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

i use neovim OP

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Bloody posted:

Yep. Just look at Linux. Awful.

yeah, all those volunteers given a regular donation and medical benefits by a corporation to work on the kernel during the regular workday.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

triple sulk posted:

resharper might be what you want
https://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/

Idea is like the aggregate of some of the other jetbrains software minus a few of the languages, but they still have separate softwares for different programming languages.

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
sublime is pretty cool for LaTeX thanks c ya

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

I use Visual Studio for everything, including html and javascript. It is the best. Too bad some of you guys use osx. :(

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

rotor posted:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
why do i have to manually install nano on lunix boxes??? that poo poo should be there by default

f'ing spergs

pram
Jun 10, 2001
just learn vim you idiot

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

pram posted:

just learn vim you idiot

pram posted:

You are being very mean pram i hope you are doing ok. :(

pram
Jun 10, 2001
stfu noob

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im angry about editors

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

idiotbitch posted:

sublime text is actually good

sublime text fuckin owns. it opens in a nanosecond, it has the modern thing where it just saves everything isntantly without asking to save before closing. its very fast,. it LOOKS gorgefous. editing prefs is not intuitive but if you cant work out it you dont deserve to be using it. did i mention its very fast? and looks good? when i used the ardiono plugin it was 100% sufficnt for uploading to ardiono. the syntax jightlighting is cool too.

its one of the best programs i have used.. ever. its up there with utorrent (the earlier versions) as far as being perfect at what it does. fast. slim. sexy. robust. dangerous even

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

i use sublime its good. i havent tried to customize it though, looks far too daunting

gently caress man even i managed it. i changed the font and the font size.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sublime tezt has an amaziong thing where you can have multiple cursors. perfect for deleting the carriage return at the end of every line all at once

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i havent had to change anything because it looks perfect on osx. the multiple line editing is also from textmate, a great editor for osx (the worlds most advanced operating system) that is unfortunately dead

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i really like the spacecadet theme. it looks like a delicious blend of berries

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

sublime tezt has an amaziong thing where you can have multiple cursors. perfect for deleting the carriage return at the end of every line all at once

I thought you were a lazy pharmacist?? you program??

pram posted:

I used to like you. the I found out your avatar wasn't Ali g and you liked Microsoft things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i dont like microsoft things

• Locked thread