Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006
Can anyone recommend a nice scala JDBC wrapper? I saw SalikeJDBC, but the number of usages on maven is pretty low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006

KernelSlanders posted:

Slick was a long series of headaches for us and we ended up just rolling our own.

Im not quite to the point of creating my own relational mapping yet. Very new to scala. Ill look into using Slick for now. It seems like the only production ready type safe product Ive found.

DholmbladRU fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 16, 2015

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006

KernelSlanders posted:

Depending on the complexity of your project, here's something to get you started if you change your mind.

code:
case class Foo(name: String, value: Int)

object Foo {

fetchFromDb(conn: Connection): List[Foo] = {
    val sql = "SELECT name, value FROM foo_table"
    val rs = conn.prepareStatement(sql).executeQuery()

val output: List[Foo] = List[Foo]()
    while (rs.next()) output = output :+ {
      val name = rs.getString("name")
      val value = rs.getInt("value")
      Foo(name, value)
    }

output
  }
}
Obviously there's numerous improvements that could be made: abstract the column fetchers, return a stream instead of a list, support nulls through Option outputs, etc. but if you're just trying to get some data out, this should get you started.

That is very similar to implementation for JDBC which I would write in java. I guess the benifit of something like Slick is it can be non-blocking, as I understand it.

The documentation for the Slick Schma generator is a little spotty. I am having a hard time figuring out how to implement it.

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006
ScalikeJDBC looks promising. It wont be async, but it looks better than Slick for my needs.

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006
If anyone has used ScalikeJDBC, is there a way to use prepared statements for stored procedures? Below is the only way in which I can figure out how to run stored proc:

code:
  def updateRow(user: row)(implicit session: DBSession = autoSession): Any = {
      val template = "CALL SP_LU_RE(?,?, ?)"
      try {
        session.execute(template, List(1, 1, 1))
        SuccessJSON(success = true)
      } catch {
        case e: SQLException => CustomErrorObject(CustomError(400, BadRequest.reason, "row could not be created"))
      }
    }
edit: Found this note...
https://github.com/scalikejdbc/scalikejdbc/issues/59

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006
edit: wrong ssl implementation

DholmbladRU fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 5, 2015

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006
Currently I am implementing a web service with Scala using Spray i/o. Looking to use SSL to secure my requests.The issue is that when an HTTPs request is made to the api I get a tuncation attack error.

code:
 fatal error: 80: Inbound closed before receiving peer's close_notify: possible truncation attack?
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Inbound closed before receiving peer's close_notify: possible truncation attack?
Created a cert using this
code:
    keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -alias mykey  -dname "CN=dev.site.com,OU=app" -keystore keystore.jks -storepass pas -validity 365
Created an ssl trait like this

code:
    trait SSLConfiguration {

implicit def sslContext: SSLContext = {
        val keystore = keystore.jks
        val password = pas

val keyStore = KeyStore.getInstance("jks")
        val in = getClass.getClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(keystore)
        require(in != null, "Bad java key storage file: " + keystore)
        keyStore.load(in, password.toCharArray)

val keyManagerFactory = KeyManagerFactory.getInstance("SunX509")
        keyManagerFactory.init(keyStore, password.toCharArray)
        val trustManagerFactory = TrustManagerFactory.getInstance("SunX509")
        trustManagerFactory.init(keyStore)
        val context = SSLContext.getInstance("TLS")
        context.init(keyManagerFactory.getKeyManagers, trustManagerFactory.getTrustManagers, new SecureRandom)
        context
      }

implicit def sslEngineProvider: ServerSSLEngineProvider = {
        ServerSSLEngineProvider { engine =>
          engine.setEnabledCipherSuites(Array("TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA"))
          engine.setEnabledProtocols(Array("SSLv3", "TLSv1"))
          engine
        }
      }
    }
Set up my boot to use the trait.

code:
    object Boot extends App with SSLConfiguration
IO(Http) ! Http.Bind(service, interface = interface, 8300)(sslEngineProvider)

application.conf
code:
spray.can {
  server {
    ssl-encryption = on
  }
}

DholmbladRU fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 6, 2015

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006
Running into an issue with Slick and am unsure how to troubleshoot. Have a database table with a column which is of type Time. When I attempt to query this column I receive the above error message. Has anyone encountered this issue before? I know its an issue with the type because if I change it to integer or something else the query works perfectly.

error
code:
ERROR "Illegal hour value XX for java.sql.Time type in value"
This error is picked up by the following, and what you see above is the localized message
code:
 def SQLException(e: SQLException) = CError(e.getErrorCode, e.getSQLState, e.getLocalizedMessage)
[code]

Below is the DAO

[code]
protected case class SomeRow(id: Int, companyId: Int, someTime: Option[DateTime] = None)

protected implicit def GetResultRow(implicit e0: GR[Int], e1: GR[Option[DateTime]], e2: GR[Byte], e3: GR[DateTime]): GR[SomeRow] = GR{
prs => import prs._
  SomeRow.tupled((<<[Int],<<?[DateTime]))
}

protected class LU(_tableTag: Tag) extends Table[SomeRow](_tableTag, "SOME_TABLE") {
def * = (id, allotedTime) <> (SomeRow.tupled, SomeRow.unapply)
/** Maps whole row to an option. Useful for outer joins. */
def ? = (id.?, someTime).shaped.<>({r=>import r._; _1.map(_=> SomeRow.tupled((_1.get, _2.get)))}, (_:Any) =>  
throw new Exception("Inserting into ? projection not supported."))

/** Database column ID DBType(INT), AutoInc */
val id: Column[Int] = column[Int]("RECORD_ID", O.AutoInc)

/** Database column SOME_ROW DBType(TIME), Default(None) */

}
}
query

code:
DAL.SomeRow.filter(_.id === 1).firstOption

DholmbladRU fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 16, 2015

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006

Steve French posted:

I see no above error message

ops. edited original content

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006

loinburger posted:

Is DateTime from joda.time? I'm pretty sure that Slick only supports the old standard library dates (util.Date, sql.Time, sql.Timestamp)

Yes DateTime is joda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DholmbladRU
May 4, 2006

loinburger posted:

Try storing a "new java.sql.Time(someDate.getMillis())" instead, at least until Slick adds support for joda.time or java.time

In the case class or in the class LU?

• Locked thread