Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Best part of Jennings signing with the Eels

Michael Jennings in 2011 posted:

"I don't hate the Parramatta players, just the team they represent,"

"If you come through the Penrith juniors, you're brought up to hate Parra. That's how I was brought up and I'm sure it's still going on."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-1226011660688

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he doesn't hate money

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

They also signed him for 4 years, and he is 27. They also signed Watmough for 4 years, so they're nothing if not optimistic

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

That assumes a contract ever gets fulfilled completely.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Jennings and the Eels should be a fun story.

Meanwhile who knows what's going to happen with the Roosters, at least I can lower my expectations for 2016 now.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Apollodorus posted:

Meanwhile who knows what's going to happen with the Roosters, at least I can lower my expectations for 2016 now.

You've lost Maloney and Jennings, who are both good players but with noticeable weaknesses. You'll miss Maloney's kicking and organising (especially Pearce) and Jennings's explosiveness when he is in form. RTS is a huge loss though and that is easily going to hurt more than all the rest combined.

Jayden Nikorima is a big signing though and he'll be important for the Roosters in time. Copley is a solid replacement centre. Joe Burgess has pretty big wraps on him but one of the SL experts might have to give a proper lowdown. He looked good in the tests and WCC last year.

They're definitely weaker than last season but I don't think they'll be out of the eight, especially since they still have their tremendous forward pack.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
I watch a lot of SL and Burgess is indeed a very good winger. I'm especially happy at his signing because Wigan lose his services!

Maloney's kicking is not something the Roosters can do without IMO and Pearce is uneven enough that whoever pairs with him is going to have a lot of work to do to get things running smoothly in the halves.

Also, my rugby league fandom is young enough that I can't really imagine Leeds without Sir Kev so I am afraid for both the teams that I follow :ohdear:

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Wests Tigers have partnered with Beyond Blue for three years:https://www.beyondblue.org.au/media/media-releases/media-releases/wests-tigers-partner-with-beyondblue-in-new-three-year-partnership

It's hard to think of a more appropriate teaming.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Warriors being good on paper means absolutely nothing. I think we are still going to rely far too much on Johnson to do all the playmaking

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Gorbash posted:

Wests Tigers have partnered with Beyond Blue for three years:https://www.beyondblue.org.au/media/media-releases/media-releases/wests-tigers-partner-with-beyondblue-in-new-three-year-partnership

It's hard to think of a more appropriate teaming.

For the first time in a long while they've shown they know what their fans are like :v:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/76058768/luke-keary-storms-out-as-russell-crowe-lashes-rabbitohs-for-poor-2015--report

quote:

Luke Keary storms out as Russell Crowe lashes Rabbitohs for poor 2015 - report

Russell Crowe has reportedly made his feelings clear about Souths needing to lift their game after a disappointing defence of their NRL title last year.

Seven News in Australia reported that Crowe hosted a team bonding night at his Coffs Harbour property, where he didn't hold back with his views, lashing the squad for their 2015 efforts that saw them finish seventh and crash out of the opening round of the playoffs.

Souths won the 2014 title, but co-owner and Hollywood star Crowe was clearly disappointed in their efforts trying to back that up.

The report suggested Crowe was highly critical of Keary who reportedly stormed out of a drinking session.

Crowe took to Twitter on Wednesday to

"Luke Keary situation entirely my fault," Crowe tweeted.

"A bit of banter that went too far. I've apologised. He is a natural leader and great for our club."

Keary, who has a year left on his Souths contract, has recently been linked to a move to the Gold Coast Titans.

Souths have bolstered their ranks this year by the return of giant English forward Sam Burgess after his brief dabbles with rugby that included playing in England's disastrous World Cup campaign.

:lol:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Souths may have placed seventh without Burgess but that's better than England did with him.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
WTF Mitchell Pearce

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Yeah sounds like Pearce will be off to super league: https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/692242086301732864

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Cool canberra is no longer the last club to have a player molest a dog.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I guess we rolled animal abuse in the nrl off season lottery this year

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Blues might have a chance now

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Dog loving is going to be part of Rugby League sensitivity training at this point.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
BREAKING: Mitchell Pearce to front an @NRL disciplinary committee led by John Grant, Todd Greenberg & a member of the RSPCA.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH IT'S HAPPENING GUYS OUR LONG AND BORING OFFSEASON IS OVER

HAHAHA MITCHELL loving PEARCE

HAHAH I'M DYING HERE GUYS

EDIT: Roosters will call in all of their favours at NRL head office to downplay this given they let Maloney go.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jan 27, 2016

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
poor doggy

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Massoud (so take it for what its worth) said the incident is worse than monaghans. It must be quite the scene.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Can't wait to see the lengths all the Pearce fanboys in the media will go to sweep this away

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Massoud (so take it for what its worth) said the incident is worse than monaghans. It must be quite the scene.
i'm thinking a peanut butter type of incident

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

From what i can gather he took all the worst things rugby league players have done over the last decade and combined it into one incident.

The only thing missing was stomping on someones head on the way out the party.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Apparently he also pisses himself.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sex act with a dog is one step below glassing someone imo

pierce is going to wish he just took a poo poo in a hallway

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Video allegedly on Sky News at half 7 when it is released.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

ACA posted it already

https://twitter.com/ACurrentAffair9/status/692257122193666048

Absolutely a stupid thing to do, but worse than Monaghan? Not sure about that

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Its not as bad as people were hyping it up to be but it was still pretty disgraceful behavior. Aca were playing it

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Hahaha also urinated on the couch.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The media were basically hyping it like he would be balls deep in the dog. Some of the comments he said were classic moron on the cans though

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mootallica posted:

ACA posted it already

https://twitter.com/ACurrentAffair9/status/692257122193666048

Absolutely a stupid thing to do, but worse than Monaghan? Not sure about that

Yeah it's no Monaghan, that fucker literally had his dick in a dogs mouth.

Ranking of poo poo he did wrong in that video:

1. Sexual Assault of the lesbian by kissing her
2. pissing himself/her couch
3. fake humping the dog with his piss filled shorts still on

Also a contender depending on what the gently caress he was talking about - the aboriginal comment :confused:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hello from the AFL thread:

TG-Chrono posted:

I guess he is competing against another NRL dog sex act and had to bring the big guns out.

NRL 2016: 2 time dog sex champions.

NTRabbit posted:

AFL 2016: At least our sexual assault victims are human

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Rugby league 2016: ill gently caress that dog. I dont have a sexuality

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah it's no Monaghan, that fucker literally had his dick in a dogs mouth.

Ranking of poo poo he did wrong in that video:

1. Sexual Assault of the lesbian by kissing her
2. pissing himself/her couch
3. fake humping the dog with his piss filled shorts still on

Also a contender depending on what the gently caress he was talking about - the aboriginal comment :confused:
I think they were using someone's Aboriginal background as a reason to avoid getting kicked out. So she said "we're not claiming land rights here" lol.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Was the talk about indig land rights serious?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Man league players are the gift that never stops giving. What the gently caress is wrong with these morons?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
at least he didn't actually gently caress the dog like the media implied when it was first announced

anyway he can gently caress off overseas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Red_Museum posted:

WTF Mitchell Pearce

Good to know we can have a second Rugby League thread title centered around dog loving.

God bless you, Rugby League.

Rugby League 2016: BESTiality.

Or in response to the repressed prudes in the AFL:

Rugby League 2016: At least our sexual abuse victims aren't human.

E: That second one is pretty much a lie but when has a lie stopped rugby league?

Puckish Rogue fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jan 27, 2016

• Locked thread