Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Nicely done, although you didn't use the word "cunts" often enough when describing the cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
The idea of a team like the Sharks or Eels playing against (and possibly losing to) reserve grade teams needs to be investigated further.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That's seriously awesome news. A way better way to start the year than dog loving, missus glassing, mouth pissing or loading up on performance enhancing drugs.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Meh? I love the game, but at the same time I have to cringe watching guys go that hard in a preseason game.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Has anyone told Crowe? There is no loving way he knowingly lets two Burgesses escape at once.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'm ambivalent but probably due for a change.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'd love to be the team that has to play in London in week 1 of the finals then turn around and play the next week on the other side of the world.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Dalai Trauma posted:

every year cronk, smith and slater get a little older and unlike all of you guys I get sad

Every year, an empty marquee in Melbourne gets a little larger, and Cronk, Smith and Slater feel a little better about getting older.

bowmore posted:

Woo! 9s today!

After a month of loving amazing weather, It's grey and drizzly in Auckland right now and the forecast for today and tomorrow isn't great. Hopefully it doesn't affect the atmosphere.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

gently caress off Darryl Halligan.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The last few games were a bit too defensive and boring for my liking.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

It's nice to have some sort of league back on my TV.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Well we hosed that one up good.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Yeah. Some impressive and scary hits in that game.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Wow. Great conversion.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

This owns.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Mills posted:

Tv feed must be behind. Foxtel website is 10 mins into extra time?

That's about where it is in NZ. Not sure why you would be getting a delayed feed.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

We just sound a bit behind when we talk. You'll get used to it after a while.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

In the first game of Super League, Widnes Vikings, down to twelve men early on after Patrick Ah Van was shown a very harsh red card for a high tackle, came from 16-0 down to draw against Wigan Warriors 22-22.

Excellent second half performance from the Vikings, and especially Joe Mellor, but if the refereeing performance was anything to go by, we're in for a shocking season.

I watched from about the 60 minute mark. The refs really liked Wigan, as a neutral fan I thought it was a crap display. I'm surprised it took the refs so long to bin Smith after the post-try foot trip, and Tomkins probably should have joined him for running in and tackling that dude well after the play was dead. It was nice to see Aaron Heremaia still looking sharp.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

edit: Ex Jr Warriors/reserve grader Dylan 'DJ' Collier is doing well for NZ in the rugby sevens this weekend.

That was pretty cool to see. Good for him.

I like that 13 man league is back on my TV, but preseason footy is shite. Also we now have a fuckton of officials who won't make a decision.

Also Nathan Friend somehow got called into the All Stars team. This feels wrong.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/65880408/nz-warriors-hooker-nathan-friend-called-into-nrl-all-stars-team-to-replace-michael-ennis

He's in the NRL All Stars side, not the Indigenous team. We've already got Manu in there. Friend is in to replace Ennis. I would have thought Luke would have made more sense.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Joel Monaghan's dog loving will always hold a special place in my heart.

I wouldn't mind finding out what Souths told the NRL about Burgess and Sutton's night out in the US. Bloodying a bouncer and getting arrested while on a team trip overseas seem like the sort of things which should be rewarded with a fine and a suspension.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Oh gently caress it's on tonight? For some reason I thought it was tomorrow.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Yeah, it's just that everyone remembers all the poo poo games he played for NSW before any of his first grade work.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Holy gently caress, a touch judge actually making a decision.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That was nice.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

It was nice to see the ref bin someone without hesitation for a chicken wing tackle in the Wigan/Huddersfield game. The NRL should be taking note of that.

Is the rule about being allowed to tackle an attacking player in the air an NRL only rule?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You're allowed to tackle in the air in NRL? That seems like an odd thing to allow

An attacking player catching a kick can be tackled in the air in the NRL, but the rule about not lifting past the horizontal still applies. A defending player defusing a bomb can't be touched until he touches the ground.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I'd prefer the rule to be gone, but I can't think of any time when it has actually been a problem. Usually it's used to push guys out of bounds before they can ground the ball. High tackles and wrestling in the tackle are significantly worse problems which need to be addressed first.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The emphasis on quick play the balls by the refs in the Warriors/Panthers trial is very promising.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

1. Sea Eagles
2. Rabbitohs
3. Cowboys
4. Broncos
5. Warriors
6. Panthers
7. Storm
8. Cunts
9. Bulldogs
10. Knights
11. Wests
12. Dragons
13. Raiders
14. Sharks
15. Eels
16. Titans

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Isn't this the sort of poo poo you're supposed to do when your playing days are over and you're broke?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Auditore posted:

Allegedly Greg Bird and Dave Taylor too.

Smorgasbord posted:

Please god let Greg Bird be guilty

gently caress yes. Gallen last year, Bird this year. Let the good times roll.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The dealing/trafficking charges seem like a beat up, but these guys might just be too stupid to know how to stay out of trouble.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

It does frustrate me that if you took a random sample of 400 18-30 year old tradies or stockbrokers or whatever and kept track of the dramas they got into it would be similar if not more than what the NRL guys do. The spotlight is on NRL players though and they need to be less dumb/at least not get caught.

edit: well except for the beastiality :negative:

And the point is that they have seen plenty of their contemporaries go down for the dumbest of poo poo. So the answer should be don't do dumb poo poo while you're an active player.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

So the NRL has taken over the Titans.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

But what are the odds that it's just like the rumours that were flying during the Ryan Tandy scandal? Everyone and his dog was supposed to be banned for that.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

He was part of the eight year reign, close enough.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Actually, does Harrison count as the "retired Queensland Origin great" that everyone assumed was Lockyer?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

:nms: that poo poo please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

How many weeks into the season before Tedesco starts wondering about how much better it would be to be paid big bucks by the Raiders to sit out injured?

• Locked thread