Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Byolante posted:

The most exciting thing to happen to the titans was them finding peds filled needles in the locker rooms but saying they couldn't possibly be the titans based on their performance not being improved.

The Titans were out playing golf, the syringes belonged to Greg Bird's mate....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

MiniSune posted:

Yeah but they never took the last step between dog fighting and dog loving.

That on reflection is not a good sentence.

Make love not war.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Red_Museum posted:

Weird injury. Guess Jono Wright will be getting a run for us now.

What the gently caress?

He looked in bloody good shape for once too :(

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

That one guy last year thought I was actually a Manly fan so I had to shell out actual cash dollars to get that poo poo changed :argh:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah that's classic attention whore media bait that will never go anywhere.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

:laffo: at Coote 'losing' his passport, he just doesn't want to risk another pre-season season ending injury.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Dalai Trauma posted:

every year cronk, smith and slater get a little older and unlike all of you guys I get sad

Don't feel too bad, they have plenty of premierships over cap payments to console themselves with.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hoping the Warriors tear poo poo up like they did on day 1 last year.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Melbourne so far, are poo poo.

They can take their afl jerseys and gently caress off home.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I don't think Manu scored that one either.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Haha Tim Simona got chased down by a prop

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I will play it way harder than everyone else and win it all again as usual :smug:.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Where's the loving sinbin, what a joke.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

drat these kiwi girls hit loving hard

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

Did Ken Negas play?

Also I didn't see any bar the first Warriors game. Did we look sharp?

Same as always, patches of sheer brilliance mixed in with total poo poo basic errors. And Nagas played but did nothing of note.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

GranadaReport posted:

He got yellow for it, you think it was red card?

Definitely should've been a red, no place in the game for that rubbish. There were only a few minutes left so the yellow v red was no material difference in the end I suppose. Good to have Super League back on the telly here this season. Heremaia was really good, wish he was still in Auckland.

edit: Ex Jr Warriors/reserve grader Dylan 'DJ' Collier is doing well for NZ in the rugby sevens this weekend.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 7, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

That was pretty cool to see. Good for him.

I like that 13 man league is back on my TV, but preseason footy is shite. Also we now have a fuckton of officials who won't make a decision.

Also Nathan Friend somehow got called into the All Stars team. This feels wrong.

Yeah this Charity Shield game is not very interesting. Also Nathan Friend in the allstars? Is that a quota thing with the one player from each club? Happier to risk Friend than someone important like Johnson or injury prone like Vatuvei if that's the case. Or is it the Indigenous team, seem to remember he may have played for them in previous years?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

GranadaReport posted:

Have the new rules that are being trialed in the all stars game been discussed here? what do you guys think?

They're poo poo.

What are they again?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I assume they don't mean exactly 40 m and it will be 40m from the next 10m marker in front of the kicker? Otherwise that's be unworkable/contentious.; The scrum thing seems like it'll slow down the game but I guess trying it out in a meaningless game like this isn't harmful and it might lead to some more attacking play :shrug:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What the hell kinda dirt does Mauboy's agent have on the NRL commission?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I thought George Rose had just forgotten to get into the huddle for a minute there

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Haha wtf they call that a try on field?

edit: seriously that touchie was right there how did he get that so wrong?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress off Gallen, forearm to the head in a loving exhibition game

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Ryan James continuing on in normal fashion, a penalty and a knock on in the first five minutes.

But he had a really good game 3 years ago!

George Rose :barf:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

Lol pierce sucks

Remember how he lived up to the hype for a few games towards the end of last season?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

It actually happened, I saw it.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The kid that Gallen hit high then forearmed in a frigging exhibition game has a spinal injury and is out indefinitely.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

the Telegraph ran a headline "HEPATIGERS", those saucy cunts.

That poo poo 'paper' is the absolute nadir of print media.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Was half expecting FORMER NRL PLAYER KARMICHAEL HUNT IN COCAINE BUST SHOCK headlines but they surprisingly restrained themselves.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Please god let Greg Bird be guilty

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Byolante posted:

The one NSW guy I really hate is Jarryd Hayne but its ok because he has traded up from origin to being hit in the face with a steel chair

Am I missing something or is Jarryd Hayne not in this photo at all :confused:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

It does frustrate me that if you took a random sample of 400 18-30 year old tradies or stockbrokers or whatever and kept track of the dramas they got into it would be similar if not more than what the NRL guys do. The spotlight is on NRL players though and they need to be less dumb/at least not get caught.

edit: well except for the beastiality :negative:

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 23, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mills posted:

I love the Daily Telegraph.

THEY never found her body. But her killers would reveal how they had kidnapped her, tortured her, repeatedly raped her, decapitated her, then played soccer with her head.

Middle class Westerners, some of them quite possibly Australian professional footballers, enjoyed the cocaine trafficked by these animals.

:wtc:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

I love my good god-fearing Warriors, they almost never do anything wrong. At least off the field anyway.

Yeah the 'no dickheads' policy is mostly successful.

edit: ownership excepted

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

If watching your team play doesn't make you murderously angry most of the time you're a bandwagon oval office and don't 'get' rugby league.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

How many weeks into the season before Tedesco starts wondering about how much better it would be to be paid big bucks by the Raiders to sit out injured?

Yeah that kid hosed up big time.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Fusitua's another one I might have expected to get the call, he must be hurt too. Starting Maumalo and Kata is a little worrying, especially when you consider the class that Newcastle have in the halves and centres. We should try to make sure only one of Vete or Lisone is on the field at any one time, otherwise we're too green up front.

Yeah Fusitua is injured too, no set return date for either he or Fisiahi. I would expect Matagi to play ahead of Vete despite the squad numbering.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

This is sounding like a loving disaster. In order to stockpile money for DCE, they had to let Watmough and Glenn Stewart go, and as a result Brett desperately wants out. Somehow Foran looks like he's escaping, and now they're cutting DCE loose? I'm just glad that the Matai/Warriors rumours are officially over now that they signed whatever is remaining in his shoulder to a deal.

While Matai's shoulder would've exploded on setting foot in Auckland it is concerning that we keep whiffing on all of our big name targets despite offering well over the going rate if you believe the reports. Pretty Canberra-esque on the free agent market since we signed Tomkins (other than Hoffman who others don't seem to rate as high as I do).

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

It's hard to tell how close we were to anyone. I doubt that were anywhere near Merrin. Taumololo was obviously close if McFadden and Doyle made the trip to Townsville to try to close the deal. And on Foran I don't think it was serious beyond that one tweet from Watson.

I rate Hoffman, but we're also probably overpaying for a 30 year old with plenty of mileage. The same probably could have been said of Steve Price ten years ago, so I'm willing to see what happens.

The thing about Hoffman is he know how to run a line. People might put that down to Cronk/Smith but I've watched him for a while and he's crafty especially attacking the tryline. I doubt many forwards have scored as many tries as he has year on year, and tryline attack is an area where we often look bereft of ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Guy loving Sebastien?

• Locked thread