Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Honestly shocked that you didn't manage to fill the entire thing with Souths gifs and make every comment relate to how much better the Rabbitohs are than everyone else. I know I wouldn't have been so reserved had the Tigers managed to win anything...

Otherwise, great work! I'm not sure you truly captured the ability of the Tigers to drive their supporters to suicide or alcoholism, though. I also find it mildly insulting (and fairly liberating) to be listed as a Titans fan rather than my real allegiance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mills posted:

You've got season tickets! :shrug: :getin:

Much to my chagrin. I'll be getting very drunk at the games. My wife wants me to wear a titans Jersey but there's no chance of that happening; to be diplomatic I'll wear a blues T-shirt.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

We have deep seated grudges against the cunts in Sydney - generally the broncos are respected as being good (albeit Queenslanders) and the storm are easy to pay out because of the rampant cheating. No hatred required.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MacDougall posted:

I was going to ask. Maybe he didn't want to put you in there because we already have the most supporters due to being the team with the best colours and mascot.

Clearly the reason.

That Super-League post hurts my brain with the needless complexity - I'm pretty sure if you tried to explain that to the average NRL fan their head would explode.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

The ESL is only shown on Foxtel's Eurosport channel in Oz. Also for those used to the NRL orgy, the ESL only broadcasts a couple of games every week so watching your team week in, week out from afar is not possible.

That said, the best way is to bail a mate/parent/relative/stranger up for his/her Foxtel Go login (they probably not using it or all of them) and install on a device (tab/phone/pc) and watch for free in glorious SD. Quota free on Telstra, but not too savage for those who are not with the evil empire.

Seconded - Foxtel Go is a great thing for watching league. If I've got nothing better to do than be a massive nerd I'll frequently spend Saturday with it on my Surface whilst playing PC games and maybe having a TV show on another screen. Glorious technology!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Did this on Saturday night with a good mate, BBL on one tab and soccer on the other tab. Bottle of scotch in between.

I like to think that the bottle of scotch in my post was implied.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

For the Raiders you should also add the list of players they tried to get and failed miserably to add to their roster.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Rename thread Rugby League 2015: Wait, Good News? What Do We Do Now...?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's getting disturbing how many Tigers players from the early 2000s are drug traffickers. Sure explains their performances.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Also has driven a wedge between the parrot and Ray Hadley which can only be a good thing. Be interested to see how it pans out, but I reckon one of them won't survive the year.

Considering how close both of them sound to having a stroke when they're being apoplectic I'm hoping you aren't referring to them leaving the station but something more permanent. No losers in that scenario.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

We're all losers in that scenario. Even if Ray "Fuckwit" Hadley pops his clogs tonight it won't be soon enough. The only way to win would be to have never heard of the wife bashing scumfuck.

True, but I'm looking on the bright side. They both have to gently caress off and die someone and presumably it'll be in my lifetime so there's at least one good day to look forward to.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

heladocasero posted:

Oh god the Dragons are going to be total poo poo again this year why can't I stop watching this trainwreck

I'd like to introduce you to a little team we call the Tigers who have many supporters in this thread inexplicably. Whenever you work out the cause of the disease making you watch please share the secret.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Byolante posted:

I would like to know the secret of the anasta-tar curse that blghted us

One day I dream of pissing someone off enough that they give me a new avatar to spite me without realising I hate the one I have now.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm pretty sure I haven't hit my head this morning but is he seriously expecting players to do regular 20+ hour trips for away games?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I don't care how much of a jersey whore I come off as by saying this, but the new Tigers training jersey is beyond awesome and I must own it now.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

In as the false hopes, if there's a real prize this year I promise to pay attention for more than three weeks.

iajanus fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 1, 2015

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

What is this bin you speak of and this concept of 'sending off'? I'm an Australian league fan and have never heard of these rules, nor seen them implemented. Is this another one of those things that you guys in England invented?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, I like the powerplay too. The major thing is actually forcing refs to use it - too often they just give out endless "final warnings" and nobody cares since there's no repercussions to ignoring them. If they took a hardline with it like the English appear to (or at least look more than we do like they do) it would be much better and improve the game a lot.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bumped into the all stars team at Sydney airport a minute ago, got a photo with brooks since he looked so lonely as everyone else was getting them with the big names. Has to resist the urge to call Gallen a oval office and thank pierce for getting injured and letting us win origin.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Are they only counting players in the NRL era? That's a reasonably shallow pool to choose from.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Obviously Orford is the best.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The amount of 'clean starts' they got is literally unbelievable.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As if the refs, fans or players could calculate whether they'd kicked a 40/20 with that rule in less than 20 minutes.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Speewah posted:

Whats the best site to use for tipping these days, Telegraph? Also I can't find the old rules for the ladder prediction comp (scoring on how close you guessed compared to reality).

Not sure about tipping, but for the ladder prediction thing I just made a gently caress off giant spreadsheet when I was bored at work and then filled it in. If everyone wants to do it again send in your tips and I'll create this year's version..

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I was pretty simplistic - you got 1 point for each position you were off for each team (eg. if you predicted the Tigers would come 1st and they really came 14th you'd get 13 points and a referral to a neurologist). Lowest score at the end of the regular season wins. Simple! There were rumblings about a different scoring system but nobody ever came up with a better one and I couldn't be bothered to play with the spreadsheet too much.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not sure, but they definitely get her in everything league-related.

Keeps up the tradition of terrible entertainment at the footy, though.

Sad that they didn't customise the jerseys for the different teams as much as they had in the past, it's my favourite part of the whole thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

He saw another big fat guy and figured that's where the line for the pies was.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ten refs and they still couldn't see that.

Any ideas what the letter R on the sleeves means?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ryan James continuing on in normal fashion, a penalty and a knock on in the first five minutes.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hoping this is the only time this year I see pierce in a light blue shirt

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Refs refusing to use their own judgement at all right now

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I was still recovering from the shock of a touch judge making a call and then a great kick and catch!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Don't think so. Been watching the tigers via Twitter, liking our performance so far.

Take that, stupid camera!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Good to see that even with this many refs they still give completely wrong penalties. Parker did nothing wrong there, terrible call.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Presto morphing into Thaiday in his retirement

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Pretty sure he dropped that, great chasing down by brooks to catch Hodges.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

No doubt, but if they call those as knock ons all year I'll be happy. There's been a lot of dodgy calls given as tries in the last few years so I'm happy with that as the status quo.

And rose getting the man of the match? Interesting. Maybe they were sick of giving everything to inglis

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

It was nice to see the ref bin someone without hesitation for a chicken wing tackle in the Wigan/Huddersfield game. The NRL should be taking note of that.

Is the rule about being allowed to tackle an attacking player in the air an NRL only rule?

I think so, or at least it was the last time I checked.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I like the attacking player being allowed to be hit in mid air as they're normally the ones with any momentum in challenges and it makes it a bit farcical to defend kicks into the ingoal if you have to let them come down (with the current levels of skill exhibited by the wingers/back).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I was at that game, it was quite funny. So many knock ons, especially since it was completely dry out there. Was pretty funny to watch since the kids between games stole the pipes holding at least one corner flag up so it just had to lie next to the field all night.

Also joined up as a member there since it was $1 and the drinks were $5 each... Also we are on the courtesy bus range :getin:

• Locked thread