Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Powercrazy posted:

Been playing Crawl thanks to this thread. Got pretty far with a Draconian Berserker, then tried a Minotaur Berserker and found a +6 Artefact Spear, and some +3 chain mail with mR++. Got to "The Lair," but died to some unique monster named Erica. Couldn't escape her and she summoned a bunch of poo poo.

Is there away to dash, or get away from monsters or stop them from summoning/casting spells?

Scrolls of teleportation and blink are the premier gtfo methods. Spell casters can't cast at you if they can't see you, so a scroll of fog or just hiding behind a wall can be useful. When you see unique monsters just take a look at what they can do and run, maybe try to fight if you know you have means for escape but probably just run. Come back to kill them when you have messed up god powers and dragon armor and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
pressing and holding the tab key down makes fights end faster :mrgw:

• Locked thread