Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
I like making characters in Crawl and seeing how fast I can get them killed.

It's strangely addictive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

koolkal posted:

i didnt like that the skills didnt give u info on what they actually did in dredmor

if u go on the wiki theres tons of stat buffs and poo poo that dont show up

ex:

With this skill you have a chance of sneaking in an extra attack with your dagger during combat that does extra sneaky damage depending on how sneaky you are.
Dmg piercing+1
Stat counter+2

those 2 stat bonuses are just passives, the skill doesnt actually tell u wtf it does

heres the actual skill:

30% chance of inflicting Two Attacks One Dagger! on attack.

Two Attacks One Dagger!
Deals: Dmg piercing 1(+ 0.15 ×Stat sneakiness) Dmg crushing (1 × Stat meleepower)

that would be good to know in a loving rougelike

Considering that some of those skills were actually broken for a really long while (i.e. scaled off of magic instead of other stats), it would have been cool to know ahead of time. Think there are still a few ones that you need to mod to fix.

Overall really cool skill system. Definitely dislike the crafting system, but it felt kind of mandatory to take at least one (what am I going to do with all this garbage otherwise?)

• Locked thread