Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
whats your fav roguelike imp zone + which ones should i play i bought tome on steam and it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
DoomRL looks really neat i think i'm going to dl and play that ish

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

dredmor is effin great, ziggurat looks fuckin sweet but my computer is poo poo so i can't run it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

ps you can discuss roguelikes as u wish in this thread, do not feel restricted by the words i said in the op thanks

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i've been playing hoplite on my phone and it is fairly epic

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Skeleton King posted:

hoplite protip: never get health upgrades unless it is in service to spend on upgrades

get to floor 16 with at least three hearts

get the regen upgrade

now you can regen at least 2 health per floor (when you got the fleece), which comes in handy when you're trying to get max depth cheevos

the damage shields and bash are god-tier as well

thx for the protips. also i bought dungeonmans on steam and it's loving great

play dungeonmans

e: it has this mechanic where u have this persistent home base academy thing that you can bring items and poo poo back to and upgrade stuff, like a blacksmith, alchemist, battle trainer guy, etc that can augment future characters. it's neat as hell and i like it

Mr. Sophistication fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 13, 2015

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

El Wombato posted:

tbh I wasn't a big fan of dungeonmans. I don't like permanent progression in roguelikes past unlocking new classes and stuff cause I think the progression is supposed to be you getting better at the game and its just a crutch to let anybody get further eventually without actually improving at the game.

yeah it's not necessarily a very good roguelike, but i enjoy it quite a bit as just a game.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i bought crypt of the necrodancer and it is probably the most fun i've ever had playing a roguelike. it owns, quite a bit

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

VideoGames posted:

well i gave my original free copy to someone and then bought a ton for other people (was feelin all christmassy) and i guess someone didnt get it.

not sure who to pass it on to

if you still have it, hook me up cuzzo

also i've been playing a lot of crawl lately. it's real good. are there any race/class combos that are particularly interesting? i've just been picking random combos and usually they're really bad and i die on dungeon 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

VideoGames posted:

whut is your steam sir? if a user called vyd (vadeogames) adds you please accept and i will lavish you with a nucealr tronhe

on steam, i am "a '99 sedan" god bless you

• Locked thread