Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Arriviste posted:

I think that dog answers to some flavor of Pholcidae. It's a messy, messy cellar dog. That dog will hunt.
you got yourself a purebred Pholcus phalangioides there, you lucky thing
they're a friendly, low-maintenance breed that is excellent at pest control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
The ones at my old house defended us against the feral black dogs with the red backs, A+++ good dog

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

neonbregna posted:

What type of dog is this just noticed it in my bathroom

this is a cellar dog

they are good dogs and hunt things

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Kerfuffle posted:

this is a cellar dog

they are good dogs and hunt things

Looks like it's filling the same niche as those house centipedes... damned spooky legs.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Just thought I would share this cute picture of this dog someone found in the area, it is a wild dog so it is a bit shy

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

Tamarillo posted:

Just thought I would share this cute picture of this dog someone found in the area, it is a wild dog so it is a bit shy

A FINE EXAMPLE OF WHEN A DOG DESIRES A COMFY HABITAT. I WOULD BET HE TURNED AROUND SEVERAL TIMES TOO, SO AS TO MAXIMIZE THE COMFY

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Sometimes I regret having passed up the chance to adopt a Goliath bird-eating dog from a classmate in college.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

goliath dogs are very nice and fairly chill but not for beginners, their bristly butts are the worst of all dogbristles (they are like if somebody cross-bred a dog and porcupine) and you wanna make sure you know how not to annoy them

Tasty_Crayon posted:

A FINE EXAMPLE OF WHEN A DOG DESIRES A COMFY HABITAT. I WOULD BET HE TURNED AROUND SEVERAL TIMES TOO, SO AS TO MAXIMIZE THE COMFY
that is a pretty little lady dog, you can tell because she doesn't have any giant dog balls on her pedipalps

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

My teapot designer harvestman/tarantula DOG had too much hybrid vigor and ran away from home. I was pretty bummed and was searching for other cool dogs to cheer myself up. Look at this cool puppy! I doesn't know breeds could look so unique!

Assassin spidoger:

They live in Madagascar though.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Wow, that dog reminds me of a mantis shrimp!

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
That dog reminds me of fear and death.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The second one looks like a turkey spider.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Wedemeyer posted:

My teapot designer harvestman/tarantula DOG had too much hybrid vigor and ran away from home. I was pretty bummed and was searching for other cool dogs to cheer myself up. Look at this cool puppy! I doesn't know breeds could look so unique!

Assassin spidoger:

They live in Madagascar though.

AND HERE I AM THINKING THE HAPSBURGS DIED OUT

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Do you have any advice on how to get my dog to come out of her house and play? I got her a nice sturdy dog house, not the igloo kind you can just lift up and wha-lah find your dog under. This one has a floor and everything. But she went in last year sometime before Christmas and as far as I can tell she hasn't really come out. I even put food by the doorway but she refuses. She ditched her old coat and has a new one but that was a while ago.

Any suggestions? She keeps scooting around in the house and seems to like it in there, but I'd really like to see her new coat! She's a Chaco Golden Labrador.

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

SOMETIMES DOGS JUST WANT TO STAY IN AND PLAY DARK SOULS FOR A FEW WEEKS DUDE. HAVE YOU TRIED TO SEND IN AN EMISSARY OF THE EDIBLE VARIETY?

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

No. :( I just put the food by the door. It was a really nice tasty superworm grub. I used that since it wasn't going to crawl off and bite anyone... and because it takes days for them to turn into beetles so I would notice and could remove it if she still didn't want to eat it. Should I try throwing it into the house and then just buy some longer forceps to retrieve it if she continues to ignore it??

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

My dog came out of her house last night! I can tell because her front door is totally open and she knocked over the easter basket I left for her. Also one of her lawn ornaments...

yay!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Question; can tarantulas be friends with humans like a dog or a snake or a turtle, one you can pet and sit with, or do they just eat a cricket and go back to their hovels?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Spergminer posted:

Question; can tarantulas be friends with humans like a dog or a snake or a turtle, one you can pet and sit with, or do they just eat a cricket and go back to their hovels?

Dogs are man's best acquaintance. No friend zones, babe. :bigtran:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I once had a friend in college who had a dog named "Kirby" who would decapitate all six-legged cats placed in his terrarium and then place their heads at the edge of said terrarium so that he was surrounded by a bunch of severed heads, at all times.

That's my dog story.

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Not a dog person myself but peacock dog breeds are pretty cute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-r20mlGes

neonbregna posted:

What type of dog is this just noticed it in my bathroom

I had a stray cellar dog just like that. I didn't feed or talk to it, but as long as it managed to find its own food I suppose it was helping me keep the house clean. It's a skinny breed, don't think it ate very much anyway. It was very quiet and just tended to chill out in a corner.

I just referred to it as "Dog" when guests noticed it and asked about it.

One day, Dog had an accident. A new stray moved itself in, but it's a different breed, this one left its hairs on the ceiling and eventually ran off.

I miss Dog. :smith:

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
does spider play nice with other animal? i am looking into getting 3 freerange goliaths next week and i want to know if my kids and bird will play nice, also what the introduction period will be like thanx

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Big Whoop posted:

does spider pl

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Sociopastry posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

WE ARE THRILLED TO WELCOME CHELL INTO OUR PACK (along with 6 other dogs) AND BOY IS SHE FEISTY.

WELCOME CHELL, NAMED SO BECAUSE WHEN SHE NEEDS TO BE PUT IN A BIGGER CRATE THE HUMAN WILL loving HAVE TO USE PORTALS

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

is she an Indian Ornamental? such a beautiful breed :allears:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

vaguely posted:

is she an Indian Ornamental? such a beautiful breed :allears:

TOGO STAR...DOG

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

i like her

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
I just researched that dog and it is a spicy tree friend that is also a baboon? <:confused:>
:nms::nms:

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

Arriviste posted:

I just researched that dog and it is a spicy tree friend that is also a baboon? <:confused:>
:nms::nms:

SEEMS LEGIT

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I am interested in dog racing, do you have any suggestions?

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

good news! the fastest true dog is the giant house dog Eratigena atrica which is both common and extremely docile! (some imitation dogs are even faster but nobody cares about them)

if you're more interested in marathon than sprint, male dancing white lady dogs ( Leucorchestris arenicola ) often travel more than a kilometre in a single night, and are still able to find their way home afterwards :3:

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ZfTFr2TAA

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013

:stonk: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Uh this is a dog thread, not a bird thread. Please remove your off-topic post and maybe take it to the pyf bird thread?

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

SERIOUSLY DUDE, NOT COOL

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

RIP L. VIOLACEPES PUPPY. YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN A BEAUTIFUL PURPLE DOG WHEN FULL GROWN IF YOU HADNT hosed UP YOUR MOLT :retrogames:

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

What kinds of things will a dog work for? If I were to get a dog and that dog did something cute and I wanted to create a nice consequence for doing that cute thing so maybe the dog will do it again, what kind of nice consequence could I give it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Dog serves only dogs purposes. You must pay tribute in cats, which is only its due and no reward.

• Locked thread