Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Big Whoop posted:

does spider pl

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Was this dog article on SCP posted yet? If not then please enjoy, because it is highly topical for this thread and very :3: for dog affectionados. The rest of the site is for nerds to tell spooky spooky x-files fanfics to one another, so ymmv, but this is one of the true gold nuggets on there.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
So what's all that then?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think you'll find that's a parasitic chinchilla :colbert:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You always want dogs around. Dogs are man's best friend. If you have a good house, dogs will come. If you have a bad house full of poison that will make man sick, dogs will tell you by not coming. If you don't have dogs you should fix your house, or leave your house and get a better house, with dogs. Dogs will also chase nasty cats and parakeets away, so they do not bite and sting you.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hmm, let's see. Mosaic abdominal decorations, distinctive characteristic skull pattern on the midsection, luminescent highlights of the extreme impalement appendages; yup, that's Shub Niggurath alright, "The Poodle with a Thousand Young". Count yourself blessed, and make your offerings in her name, and you will enjoy peaceful cohabitation in her domain for the intersection of your respective remaining life spans.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

vaguely posted:

that's a Nephila sp., given your location most likely N. clavipes
more commonly known as a golden silk orb weaver retriever, or banana dog
their webs are so excellent that they can catch birds and small reptiles in them

Really? That was actually my first guess, but I don't recall the Aussie ones being so pretty. I remember them being a lot plainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is that... a toucan?

• Locked thread